Select to view content in your preferred language

Viewer 2.4 source code error

08-15-2011 09:16 AM
AzizulAlam1
Deactivated User
Hello,

I have downloaded the Flex Viewer 2.4 and import project in Flash Builder 4.0. But it is not running because of huge error. Most of the error is occurring for layoutDirection component. In total 5 mxml files are infected with same error. I am telling individual problems one by one.

1. src>com.esri.viewer>skins>MapManagerSkin.mxml : 2 errors

"cannot resolve attribute 'layoutDirection' for component type spark.component.supportclasses.skin"

2. src>com.esri.viewer>skins>WidgetTemplateSkin.mxml : 22 errors

"Access of undefined property layoutDirection"

3. src>Widget>Navigation>NavigationWidget.mxml : 1 error

"cannot resolve attribute 'layoutDirection' for component type widget.Navigation.Navigation"

4. src>Widget>OverviewMapWidget>OverviewMapWidget.mxml : 1 error

"cannot resolve attribute 'layoutDirection' for component type com.esri.viewer.BaseWidget"

5. src>Widget>WidgetContainer>WidgetContainer.mxml : 2 errors

"cannot resolve attribute 'layoutDirection' for component type Spark.components.Border.container"

2 layoutDirection component are different in 2 files. I am not sure whatever it is write or wrong: In MapMangerSkin layoutDirection ="ltr" where as in WidgetTemplateSkin layoutDirection == "rtl"

Please Help me to solve this.

Regards
Md. Azizul Alam Toton
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
AzizulAlam1
Deactivated User
But if you already have an ArcGIS Server (9.3 or later) set up, then I'd focus on making that work with your Flex Viewer.

Yes, I have the ArcGIS Server 10 and I just want to add it just like you added it in your sample.
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Frequent Contributor
Doesn't the download of the zip file for the flexviewer 2.4 include the libary file .swc for the adobe flex SDK 4.1 to set it up in the properties build path?  Do you still have to download the flex 4.1 sdk separately?

Azizul,

Your not the first one to miss these sections of the documentation:

From the What's New in 2.4 Viewer (under "General Changes"):

It's also mentioned briefly in the "Upgrading your viewer Code":

as posted by Bjorn in this thread
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/35876-ArcGIS-API-for-Flex-2.4-just-released-%29?p=121408&viewfull=1...
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lefteris,

Still separate download as it has more to do with your IDE environment than with esri.
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Frequent Contributor
Thank you. I had a problem with the Flash Builder to work with the new flexviewer 2.4 and I didn't know how to implement the flash sdk 4.1.

I just figured out that by updating the flash builder from version 4 (the version that I have) to the 4.01, it fixes the problem because the updated version works with the sdk 4.1

Lefteris,

Still separate download as it has more to do with your IDE environment than with esri.
0 Kudos