Viewer 2.1 Mouse Roller No work in Firefox

09-27-2010 01:54 PM
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
I have noticed that the zoom in/out function doesn't work with the mouse roller in both Firefox and chrome.  However, it works fine in IE.  Did I do something wrong or is this a know issue?

Thanks for your help,
Frank
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Frank,

I'm able to use the zoom in/out function with the mouse roller without issue in both Firefox 3.6.10 and Chrome 6.0.4. Have you done any customization to the Viewer application?

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
I have added one widget that I wrote, however I have removed that from the config and I still get the same behavior (even after dumping the cache).  I have two edits to the  index.template.html, but I don't think they would effect that behavior.

1) Around line 48 in index.template.html add the line: params.wmode = "opaque";
2) Around line 90 in index.template.html add the line: <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />

You can test it out and see if you get the same issues at the following url:
http://gis.cdatribe-nsn.gov/flashmaps2_1/

Thanks for your help!
Frank
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Frank,

I do see your mouse issue in FF on your site but not on my FlexViewer 2.1 site in FF. Not sure what to tell you but something must have gotten screwed up.
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
Thanks that helps me, I can start trying to do some comparisons and see what I can find.

It appears to be the  params.wmode = "opaque...  Back to the drawing board....
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Frank,

Just to add onto what Robert posted, I too, can confirm that the zoom in/out function with the mouse roller doesn't work for your Viewer site in Firefox 3.6.10 and Chrome 6.0.4.

Good luck resolving your issue,
0 Kudos
FrankRoberts
I found a fix for my problem.  Basically it is to change the wmode setting. To do it I  do the following:

1) Around line 48 in index.template.html change the line: params.wmode = "direct";
2) Around line 90 in index.template.html change the line: <param name="wmode" value="direct" />

As far as I can tell everything in the Flexviewer still works great. 

Flexviewer Team or anyone else, is there some reason this would be a bad idea??

Thanks for your help,
Frank
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Frank,

Right click on the map and see if your mouse cursor disappears when you move over the context menu. If it does try wmode equals transparent and see how that works.
0 Kudos