Select to view content in your preferred language

Updating widgets

07-01-2013 05:12 AM
deleted-user-yA_w_FC9FKe5
New Contributor III
Do I need to have the whole viewer loaded into Flash Builder to update a widget from say 3.1 to 3.3?

I've been trying to do this but when I go to run/build it I get a file not found error about a file not found "file:/C:/user/Adobe%20Flash%20Builder%204.6/flexViewer/Bin-debug/index.html"

I was thinking maybe I was doing this the hard way.  I was thinking maybe I could just load the widget and make the changes and then build to make the swf.

Michael
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
Do I need to have the whole viewer loaded into Flash Builder to update a widget from say 3.1 to 3.3?

I've been trying to do this but when I go to run/build it I get a file not found error about a file not found "file:/C:/user/Adobe%20Flash%20Builder%204.6/flexViewer/Bin-debug/index.html"

I was thinking maybe I was doing this the hard way.  I was thinking maybe I could just load the widget and make the changes and then build to make the swf.

Michael

Yes, you'll need the Flex API .swc and also the Flex Viewer Source Code because the widgets usually reference things for the widget manager and stuff like that.

For example:
<viewer:BaseWidget xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
                   xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
                   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
                   xmlns:viewer="com.esri.viewer.*"
                   initialize="basewidget_initializeHandler()"
                   widgetConfigLoaded="basewidget_widgetConfigLoaded()">
0 Kudos