Select to view content in your preferred language

Translate widgets

11-18-2010 12:18 AM
EvgenySharov
New Contributor
Please, tell me where i can translate widgets to other language. And one more question: where i can change information, which open in the window, when i press buttob "about"???
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor
If you want to translate into one of the six languages that is currently supportyed by localization, it should not be to hard, check out Localization at http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/index.html

But if you like me, want another language you're gonna have ta change every text your self, some labels you can change in the widgets xml-config file, but that will probably not be enough so you need the source code and change some text in the code and then recompile it.

The information you see when you click about is in the config file for the HeaderControllerWidget.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Actually, for the 2.1 viewer only English is fully supported.  (The Flex API is available in 6 languages, but for most widgets there were more things to translate).

In Flex Viewer version 2.1, almost all labels are configurable in the individual configuration xml files.  The "labels" to translate are documented for each widget, see for example:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapps/flexviewer/help/index.html?widgets/search_widget.htm

In Flex Viewer version 2.2, we plan to provide full support for six languages.

Also in 2.2, it will be easier to localize the Flex Viewer for additional languages.  There will only be one single file to translate.  This would still require compiling the source code.  If you are not compiling the source code, the solution for 2.2 would be the same as for 2.1 (except we'll be adding support for a few strings that were missed in 2.1).

You might want to ask/push your local distributor to work with Esri, Inc. to add support for your language 🙂

Which languages are you looking for?
0 Kudos