Select to view content in your preferred language

TOC Widget cutting off labels

Jump to solution
10-22-2014 08:04 AM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I am using the TOC Widget and the widget resizes the width with each expansion of each  grouped drop down.  However it doesn't expand to fit all text in it.  So I have some symbology label not displaying fully and is getting cut off.  As you can see by the attached my flood zones symbology label is being cut off.  My website is at Adams County, City of Hastings, & Hastings Utilities .  Is there anyway to fix this?  I believe this is Robert Scheitlin Widget, not sure what version.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lindsey,

Wow you are still using a  2.x version of Flex Viewer. That has been TONS of updates to this widget through out more current versions (actually this widget is depreciated in lieu of the Enhanced LayerList widget in Flex Viewer 3.6). Needless to say this was a known issue it that old version that was addressed in more current versions. You can try and see if setting the width of the widget in the main config.xml to be greater helps.

<widget label="Map Contents" left="90" top="50" height="275" width="400" preload="minimized" icon="assets/images/i_layers.png" config="widgets/TOC/TOCWidget.xml" url="widgets/TOC/TOCWidget.swf"/>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lindsey,

Wow you are still using a  2.x version of Flex Viewer. That has been TONS of updates to this widget through out more current versions (actually this widget is depreciated in lieu of the Enhanced LayerList widget in Flex Viewer 3.6). Needless to say this was a known issue it that old version that was addressed in more current versions. You can try and see if setting the width of the widget in the main config.xml to be greater helps.

<widget label="Map Contents" left="90" top="50" height="275" width="400" preload="minimized" icon="assets/images/i_layers.png" config="widgets/TOC/TOCWidget.xml" url="widgets/TOC/TOCWidget.swf"/>

0 Kudos
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

That did the trick,  I was looking at the code in the actual widget,  I didn't think to look in the config file.  And yes I know it is old.  The person managing the website created and coded it a couple years back and never updated any widgets or coding over the years and then I took over 6 months ago when he left leaving all the old versions to work with.  Let's just say it is on my goal list to get things more current.

Thanks again for the help!!

0 Kudos