Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

12-01-2010 07:30 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is the next in my line of widgets for the FlexViewer 2.x.

The legend portion of this widget is the same code as my dynamic legend widget so,

IT IS FOR ARCGIS SERVER 10 OR GREATER ONLY

This is just a simple TOC Widget that includes my dynamic legend component.
This widget also includes my enhancement for map service transparency,
right click context menu for zoom to make layer visible, and my scale
dependent renderer for the TOC checkboxes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
664 Replies
Erickson_Contract_Surveying_
New Contributor
Monty,

So the layer that are not working for you do you have them added in the main config.xml using the http:server:6080\blah blah or the web adaptor urls?

Config references web adaptor
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Monty,

So earlier when you said
We have security enabled through AGS for the map service
you did not really mean that and you were only reffering to having the Web Adaptor installed...? You did not click on the padlock icon in ArcGIS Server manager and edit the service security?
0 Kudos
New Contributor
Monty,

So earlier when you said  you did not really mean that and you were only reffering to having the Web Adaptor installed...? You did not click on the padlock icon in ArcGIS Server manager and edit the service security?

No.  We are using Web Adaptor and we did edit service security through AGS Manager.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Monty,

So help to understand:
We have internal viewers that use feature services that display the swatches, screenshot attached.

Are you saying the viewer that is not displaying the legends is a external/public viewer? Can you access the REST Service url form outside you intranet?
0 Kudos
New Contributor
Monty,

So help to understand:
Are you saying the viewer that is not displaying the legends is a external/public viewer? Can you access the REST Service url form outside you intranet?

It is external.  I can access it outside our network with proper credentials.  When I log in to the REST service off the network, I enter my password (same one users enter off network) and I can access and see the Legend....very strange.  Could it be some kind of interaction between widgets?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Monty,

Sounds like you have your server locked down the some other authetication method than the ones provided by ArcGIS Server. My widget will work with token based security. It sounds like you need to setup a proxy page that will provide the credentials for the rest requests that are coming externally. I don't mess with proxy pages so I can not guide you in this, but my widget should work with a proxy once you get it setup.
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Hi Robert,

I noticed recently that you added support for secure services with token authentication. I just tested this out and it works for the layers, however the legend is not displayed? Is this how it is at the moment or am I doing something wrong?

If I wanted to add that legend in for secure services, whereabouts in the code could I do that?

Cheers 🙂
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shaun,

1. What ArcGIS Server version and SP are you you using?

2. Are you a proxy page?

3. Do you get the indentity manager popup asking for credentials?

4. Are you using Windows authentaction or LDAP?

Token based security has been tested a lot and DOES produce a legend.
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Oh maybe it is me then. I'll have a play around.

What ArcGIS Server version and SP are you you using?

ArcGIS Server 10.1 SP1

Are you a proxy page?

Nope

Do you get the indentity manager popup asking for credentials?

Nope. Using a token added into the main config file for the layer. If I remove that then the credentials popup does come up, I enter the details and the legend isn't showing there anyway.

Are you using Windows authentaction or LDAP?

I'm using Windows domain to get the users and roles are handled in GIS server.

I noticed if I login via REST services manager then go to the flex app, it doesn't show the credentials popup and shows the legend.
0 Kudos
ShaunWeston
Occasional Contributor
Ok I've sorted it, looks like I was using an older version of the code, downloaded the latest version and seems to be ok now.
0 Kudos