Simple Info Widget

10-06-2010 07:51 AM
toddsams
New Contributor III
I am trying to implement the Simple Info Widget starting from the code specified in the config-map.xml file included with Viewer for Flex 2.1 (below)

<operationallayers>
            <layer label="Fires" type="feature" visible="true" alpha="1" icon=""
                   info="widgets/InfoTemplates/SimpleInfoWinWidget.swf"
                   infoconfig="widgets/InfoTemplates/IWT_Fires.xml"
                   url="http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Fire/Sheep/FeatureServer/0"/>
        </operationallayers>

I appears that the Simple Info Widget needs to be associated with a feature service. So I tried to enable "feature access" capability on one of my existing map services and I received an error to the log file indicating that "Feature Access capability requires the data to be on SDE GeoDatabase."

Is there no way to use Info Popups without requiring the data to be housed in an SDE GeoDatabase?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
You can use type="feature" with a layer in a map service too as long as it's queryable.
0 Kudos
toddsams
New Contributor III
What do you mean by "queryable"?
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
That one of the "Supported Operations" at the bottom of the Services Directory page is "Query".

e.g.:
http://sampleserver3.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Fire/Sheep/MapServer/0
0 Kudos
toddsams
New Contributor III
Great, I got it to work just fine. Thanks.

One other related question, is there an (easy) way to disable/remove the "Zoom here" button? Or would this require Flash Builder development?
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
It would require a code change and recompile to SimpleInfoWinWidget.mxml.
0 Kudos
BrianGeorge
New Contributor
I am trying to do the same thing with the simple popup widget, but am experiencing a different problem.

I have 3 layers in my map service. When set to show the entire dynamic map service, it looks fine. Good symbology, labels, etc.

When I separate to view only a feature layer, all colors and labels are gone and only show a transparent gray shadow where data exists.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Brian
0 Kudos
toddsams
New Contributor III
Brian, the labels not appearing is normal, check out this thread: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/10273-autolabels-not-appearing-in-flexview for a workaround. Basically, you need to add the map service (dynamic or tiled) for labels and also use a feature for the popups.

As far as the gray/transparent shadow, I don't know. You might try going back to your .mxd, turn off any transparency you have there, then re-publish and set your transparency with the alpha value in the config file. Todd
0 Kudos
BobCarberry
New Contributor
Is there any way to set the event to show the info window from a click event to a mouseover event?
0 Kudos
MarhensaAditya_Hadi
New Contributor III
You can use type="feature" with a layer in a map service too as long as it's queryable.

i have same question, i read posts above.
but i don't get it how you guys can use feature service without ArcSDE?

I want to use some "popup identification" from my map service with Info Popup widget from FlexViewer 2.1.

I am running ArcGIS Server 10, but i haven't install ArcSDE for some reason.

Is there any way to use that "popup identification" with some picture inside it,
without using ArcSDE-connected data?

My map service doesn't have feature service, because i don't have ArcSDE stuff installed.
When i tried to add that feature service, it tells me error.

dpaddock tells it can be done, as long as that map service "queryable".
and i checked my map service is queryable.

The things I'm not so sure is how the code must be written.

My map service name is "parcel" (i create that map service from MXD, inside that MXD there's only one layer).
can i just put this code lines in config.xml
1st in <map> section:
<operationallayers>
   <layer label="ParcelFeature" type="feature" visible="true" alpha="1" icon=""
       info="widgets/InfoTemplates/InfoPopupWidget.swf"
                   infoconfig="widgets/InfoTemplates/myscript.xml"
                   url="http://MYPC/ArcGIS/rest/services/parcel/MapServer/0"/>
</operationallayers>

and 2nd on this <widgetcontainer> section:
<widget label="Identify"
                icon="assets/images/i_widget.png"
                config="widgets/InfoTemplates/myscript.xml"
                url="widgets/InfoTemplates/InfoPopupWidget.swf"/>

and myscript.xml is looks like this:
"bldgname" is field about building name (type: text 50)
"url" is field about url to JPG image (type: text 254)
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
        <fields>bldgname,url</fields>
        <titlefield>bldgname</titlefield>
        <linkfield>url</linkfield>
        <datefield></datefield>
        <zoomscale>4000</zoomscale>
</configuration>

is there something wrong about what i did?
because my "popup identification" doesn't show anything...
it doesn't even show the popup identification window.

please help...
0 Kudos