Selection Widget Updated Version

05-12-2011 05:24 AM
MarkHoyland
Occasional Contributor II
The Selection widget has a "Select by Attributes" and "Select by Location" option similar to ArcGIS.
Widget link: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=20ed6af9ab204548bbf092d51b51fef8

Version 1.5 of the widget replaces version 1.0

Enhancements and fixes include:
*Each time a query layer was added it was also being added to the TOC. This has been fixed.

*When resizing the widget, the datgrid would not resize properly. This has been fixed.

*Uses paging for selection of unique value list. This means that ALL values will be parsed regardless of the ArcGISServer setting to limit responses. There is an option to ESC out of a large query. (This is only for the Unique list, not getting features).
I have included an ESRI TaxParcel Layer that has 18,000+ records. Get Unique Values on the PSTLSTATE field to see this in action.
Available on my example site. The URL is on the Widget download page.

*Aliases can now be used. It will now use the Alias as set in the Featureclass. You can also override the Alias in the SelectionWidget.xml config file.

*ArcGis layers that have joined tables will now work with fully qualified field names. (thanks Dasa for the idea)

*Styling for selection colours has been documented in the SelectionWidget.xml config file (example provided).

*Styling for datagrid has been changed. It can now also be styled in SelectionWidget.xml config file (example provided). (thanks Mehul for the idea)

*Changed initial uniquevalue query to use "text='%'" instead of "where '1=1'" for Mike.:)

*You can now override scale range for layers.

*Link field now has a prefix/suffix option in the SelectionWidget.xml config file (naming convention the same as Robert SCheitlin's esearch widget)

*Shape_area and Shape_length can be used in the fields.

Link to previous thread :http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/24151-Selection-Widget-for-SFV2.2-(with-a-query-builder)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
146 Replies
AngieAllison
New Contributor II
hbostic;206896 wrote:
In your first image, what should the correct dates be?  Are you using the compiled or uncompiled version?  Is that particular map service available publicly so I can test it.  How are the dates entered into the database?  What is the backend database?[/QUOTE

in the images the first row should be null and the second row should be 1/1/1977.  iam not sure if it is compiled or uncompiled.  i got the zips from this forum.  they look like they are compiled.  i dont know how to use the uncompiled.  mapservice is not public.  enter the dates from a calender in arcgis desktop..  we are on SQLServer 2008R2.
0 Kudos
AngieAllison
New Contributor II
EVEN stranger yet.  this picture is of a piece of pipe that was NOT converted into arcgis but edited and placed in Arc and it has the date before - says 1/23/2012 and should say 1/24/2012
0 Kudos
AngieAllison
New Contributor II
I can not get these dates to come in right no matter what syntax i try. they are showing the day before because of UTC i am guessing. have other widgets working with this format
<field name="INSTALLDATE" alias="date" dateformat="MM/DD/YYYY" useutc="true"/>   
but this one will not and the null values come in with 12/31/1969 ?? any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
JaredCollier
New Contributor II
I am curious about the proper url syntax in the linkfield to open a .pdf stored on our in house network.  Web browsers can be set to open the pdf in the browser or in the Acrobat program.  In our situation we need the pdf to open in Acrobat and at the file location not in a temporary location on the computer the user is clicking from.  Previously we used this format in a WebADF application "file://///MachineName/folder/folder/file.pdf"

In the SelectionWidget.xml I can get the string to show up on the info window but it is not clickable.  Below is my linkfield string example that shows up without being clickable:

<linkfield linkprefix="file:////machinename/inetpub/wwwroot/Flexviewer2.5_SelectionWidget/">Hyperlink_Formatted</linkfield>  (Where Hyperlink_Formatted field looks like this "INFO/file.pdf")

Any suggestions as to what I am missing?
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Mark,

Sorry to bring up an old point but I am trying to implement your widget into my application built on the following:

Flex Viewer v2.5 ArcGIS Server 9.3.1

The widget works great and as expected apart from the get unique values, which you have previously mentioned requires Server 10 onwards and I can see this in Firefox as an AMF request is sent to the server.

As I am working with the un-compilied code is there anything that can be changed to work against Server 9.3.1 (did your previous version get unique values before server 10 was released?)

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
CarrieMunill
New Contributor
This is an older widget I know, and possibly a long shot, but has anyone been able to get this widget working in Flex SDK 4.6 and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0? Perhaps a better question might be: does anyone have an uncompiled version of the Selection Widget that will work in Flex SDK 4.6 and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0 out there and is willing to share? I am having the same issue that some others in this thread have experienced, namely the Unique Values list is not populating. My data is on an ArcGIS Server 10.0, and problem is happening with a couple of the example data sets as well (but not all of them).

Actually what happens is that it populates correctly the first time I click Get Unique Values but every time thereafter returns nothing. ("Processing: 0 of 1131" flashes briefly but the list does not populate.) Get Unique Values runs when I double click the field name for the very first time as well to add it to the selection query and the unique value list populates, but only that first time. I can manually type in the query and the rest of the functions work no problem, despite the fact that it was compiled for a different version. I have to shut down and restart FlashBuilder to get it to work again (one time, and then it's back to not populating the list). I've done a little bit of digging and wonder if it is related to paging in general (or the fact that "dispatchEvent" (found in the SelectionWidget.mxml and PagingQueryTask.as) has been deprecated)? I do need to be able to query (or select) on multiple fields within a single layer (similar to the Query Builder in Desktop).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

Carrie
0 Kudos
mburge
by
New Contributor
Mark,
Is there an uncompile version of this widget?  And what is the latest version?  Is there a 2.5 version?  Thanks
0 Kudos
mburge
by
New Contributor
Mark,
Is there an uncompile version of this widget?  And what is the latest version?  Is there a 2.5 version?  Thanks
0 Kudos
mburge
by
New Contributor
Sorry, meant to say "uncompiled".
0 Kudos
mburge
by
New Contributor
Mark,
Does 2.5 version have an uncompiled component?  If so, where can I find it to download?  Thanks
0 Kudos