Scroll option for Robert's Identify widget?

11-01-2011 06:56 AM
SheriNorton
Occasional Contributor II
Is there a way to enable a vertical scroll bar in the Results in Robert's Identify widget? My mouse has a middle "scroll" button, but other users many not have that capability. The additional results are cut off without a control to let the user see all the contents of the Results.

Attached is an example of cut off records...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
GIS_TechEngineering
New Contributor III
Sheri,
   In the lower right hand corner of the search results ther is a triangular symbol. Grab that symbol with your mouse and enlarge the widget to the right and down. A scroll bar should automatically appear.
Hope this helps,
Billy
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sheri,

Are you saying that you never get the scroll bar or did this just happen once or twice?
0 Kudos
SheriNorton
Hi Robert,
I've never had the scroll option. The only way to move down the list of results is to use my middle scroll on my mouse.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sheri,

I have never seen this widget do that... Have you done anything to it like explicitly set the width and height, maybe in the main config.xml?
0 Kudos
SheriNorton
Hi Robert,
I've attached a screen shot of the Main Config settings - do I need to indicate usage of scroll bars here or in another section?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sheri,

No there is nothing you have to do to get the scroll bar I was just trying to see if you had done something that might be causing the issue. I'm really at a loss here. Have you downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash Player?
0 Kudos
SheriNorton
Hi Robert,
I just downloaded the latest Flash Player, cleared the Rest Cache, but still do not see scrollbars. I've tested the Flex Viewer on both the server and my desktop, no luck.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sheri,

If you use mine live site do you get scroll bars?

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.4/index.html?config=config-identify.xml
0 Kudos
SheriNorton
Yes! For both my server and desktop there are scrollbars in the Identify results. At least that narrows down the problem to something in my Viewer...
0 Kudos