rscheitlin's identify widget

Jump to solution
01-19-2012 06:40 AM
BenDrury
Occasional Contributor
I am very new to Flex.  Just downloaded it last week.  I found all of Robert's AWESOME widgets and so far the one's I have worked with have been smooth sailing.  But the Identify widget has stumped me.  I configured the XML using the .pdf and readme text file supplied in the widget's download.  However, when I click on the Identify button in the map I get WidgetManager Error#2036...???  I've refreshed the cache in the browser and the rest API...  I know it's user error, but I have not been able to figure out what I've done wrong.  PLEASE help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Katrerine,

I am glad you attached your code for the main config.

Here is your error:

<widget label="Identify" left="330" top="80"      icon="assets/images/i_info.png"      config="widgets/Identify/IdentifyWidget_Cookeville.xml"      url="widgets/Identify/IdentifyWidgets.swf"/>       

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Katherine,

Sounds like you might have a syntax error in your IdentifyWidget.xml, please post your IdentifyWidget.xml
0 Kudos
BenDrury
Occasional Contributor
sorry.  I thought I did attach it...my bad....

won't let me attach the xml, so I saved it as a .txt file...
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Katherine,

The first thing I see is a syntax error in your commenting:
This is what you had:
<!--<useproxy>
        <proxylayer>
            <!-- <name>Imagery</name>
        </proxylayer>
    </useproxy>-->

this is corect:
<useproxy>
        <proxylayer>
            <!-- <name>Imagery</name> -->
        </proxylayer>
    </useproxy>

Don't forget to click the top arrow (promote) and to click the Mark as answer check as shown below:
0 Kudos
BenDrury
Occasional Contributor
Thank You.  I corrected that part, refreshed my browser cache & browser, but am still getting the WidgetManager Error#2036
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Katherine,Are you using the compiled widget or using flash builder?
0 Kudos
BenDrury
Occasional Contributor
I am using the compiled_FV2.5
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Katherine,   So do you actually get the widget to display and when you try to do an identify you get the error?If you don't even get the widget to display then please post your main config.xml
0 Kudos
BenDrury
Occasional Contributor
The widget does display.  It's when I click on the Identify Icon that I get the error...  If I close the error window and click the identify icon again the WidgetManager window opens, but just sits and spins...it doesn't do anything...  I refresh my browser cache and browser and again the same thing...

here is my config code anyway....

<widget label="Identify" left="330" top="80"
    icon="assets/images/i_info.png"
    config="widgets/Identify/IdentifyWidget_Cookeville.xml"
    url="widgets/Identify/IdentifyWidgets.swf"/>
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Katrerine,

I am glad you attached your code for the main config.

Here is your error:

<widget label="Identify" left="330" top="80"      icon="assets/images/i_info.png"      config="widgets/Identify/IdentifyWidget_Cookeville.xml"      url="widgets/Identify/IdentifyWidgets.swf"/>       
0 Kudos