Select to view content in your preferred language

Roberts 2.4 Identify Widget?

12-15-2011 08:31 AM
jamesdiaz
New Contributor
Does anyone know where I can download Roberts Identify Widget? if anyone is able to email it to me I would greatly appreciate it. diaz.james@mail.dc.state.fl.us

thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alan,

So have you read the Identify Widget XML Configuration.pdf and made that you are following these instructions?:

• The name element specifies the EXACT name of the layer as it is displayed in the REST services directory.

• The fields element is a comma separated list of the EXACT ALIAS (as it is displayed in the REST services directory) of the fields you want to include in the identify results.

0 Kudos
AlanHope
New Contributor III
Alan,

So have you read the Identify Widget XML Configuration.pdf and made that you are following these instructions?:

• The name element specifies the EXACT name of the layer as it is displayed in the REST services directory.

• The fields element is a comma separated list of the EXACT ALIAS (as it is displayed in the REST services directory) of the fields you want to include in the identify results.

Hi Robert and Thanks again for taking time to review this
Yes here is what I have in the XML
 <layers onlythese="true">
  <layer>
   <name>Pole Master</name>
   <fields>POLEID,MUNI</fields>
   <links>
    <link includeinresults="false" field="" alias="">
     <linkprefix></linkprefix>
     <linksuffix></linksuffix>
     <iconfield></iconfield>
     <iconprefix></iconprefix>
     <iconsuffix></iconsuffix>
    </link>
   </links>
   <zoomscale>2000</zoomscale>
   <forcescale>false</forcescale>
  </layer>
 </layers>

Here is what my Rest end point contains
Layer: Pole Master (ID: 0)
Display Field: POLEID
Type: Feature Layer
Geometry Type: esriGeometryPoint
POLEID (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: POLEID, Length: 16 )
MUNI (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: MUNI, Length: 20 )

I have tried clearing the rest admin cache and still nothing, I'm confused (but that is a usual state of affairs!)
🙂

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Vladislav,

So if you don't mind can you try this compiled version of the Identify widget and see If I have the issue relsolved. I am having a hard time determining exactly what is happening and I want to see if this version helps before I release it.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Vladislav,

So if you don't mind can you try this compiled version of the Identify widget and see If I have the issue resolved. I am having a hard time determining exactly what is happening and I want to see if this version helps before I release it.
0 Kudos
VladislavMasatin
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

it's working correctly now. I will test your widget during today, if I found some more problems, then I'll write here.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Vladislav,

Glad that go the issue you were seeing fixed. If you do need to post more than please start a new thread here:

http://forums.arcgis.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

Now that the MVP program is started back up I will not be answering questions on old thread that have already been answered.
0 Kudos
TristanForward2
New Contributor
I am encountering a problem where say I select a feature and the results appear in the data grid.

If I then select another feature (tool still active) the results in the data grid are not updated until I hover over the record.

What I need is a event listener that listens for each new redraw and refreshes the results. My question is where would I put this in the code?

Thanks
0 Kudos
MeiLingFreeman
New Contributor
Hi Roberts,

Thanks for making the widget. I'd like to use it, but I can't get the zoom work. It always zoom to the same spot near the equator no matter what zoom scale I assign in the xml file.  any idea?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
mlfree1,

Then you need to set the
<betareturngeometryfix>true</betareturngeometryfix>
in the IdentifyWidget.xml
Are you using An Event Layer in your MXD?
0 Kudos
MeiLingFreeman
New Contributor
Hi Roberts,

Yes! It is working now! Thanks for your help.

I'm not using event layer in the mxd. 

do you plan to have 'exclude layer' tag in your widget? I have over 50 layers and I also use street map (from arcgis online) as basemap.  The identify result always show my basemap, but I don't want to specify all 50 layers using the  'layers onlythese' tag.  It will great if you will have the exclude layer element!

Also, is it possible to add a description text within the <layer>?  I have copied your default code for the <layer> element below.  I'd like to add a description to explain the layer's attributes.  For example, I specify a layer's name and what fields (attributes) to display.  It will be very helpful if there is a tag that I can add some texts such as 'The field Code value 1 means no data'. 

<layer>
   <name>Parcels</name>
   <fields>PARCELID</fields>
   <links>
    <link includeinresults="false" field="" alias="">
     <linkprefix></linkprefix>
     <linksuffix></linksuffix>
     <iconfield></iconfield>
     <iconprefix></iconprefix>
     <iconsuffix></iconsuffix>
    </link>
   </links>