Select to view content in your preferred language

Robert's Identify 2.5.3 Widget Hyperlink Issues

03-09-2012 06:37 AM
SheriNorton
Occasional Contributor II
I've just updated to Robert's latest Identify Widget, but the display of hyperlinks is irregular. None of the layers show the standard icon in either the Identify Results box or the popup. The layers (mostly points) with just one link field specified do show a hyperlink (website) that the end user can click, but only in the popup (not in the Results list). I have one layer, Tax Parcels, with two link fields. While the complete URL text (from the respective link field) is listed in both the Results list and popup, neither option is a hyperlink the user can click to bounce to the respective webpage.

Here's my configuration for this Tax Parcel Layer:

<layer>
            <name>Tax Parcels</name>
            <fields>TAX MAP ID,E911 LOCATION,OWNER 1,IMAGEMATE ONLINE LINK, SALES HISTORY</fields>
            <links>
                <link includeinresults="true" field="IO_LINK" alias="IMAGEMATE ONLINE">
                    <linkprefix></linkprefix>
                    <linksuffix></linksuffix>
                    <iconfield></iconfield>
                    <iconprefix></iconprefix>
                    <iconsuffix>assets/images/group-layer.png</iconsuffix>
                </link>
                <link includeinresults="true" field="SALEHIST" alias="SALES HISTORY">
                    <iconfield></iconfield>
                    <iconsuffix>assets/images/sales.png</iconsuffix>
                </link>    
            </links>
            <zoomscale>2400</zoomscale>
            <forcescale>true</forcescale>
        </layer>
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12553[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12554[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12555[/ATTACH] In the first and second images, the URL for each webpage is listed, but there's no hyperlink or icon. In the third image, the hyperlink is listed in the popup but the standard icon is missing.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sheri,

Well I couple of things I noticed.

1. The name of the field in the link needs to be the same as the the field name in the fields list (i.e. the Alias)

2. The Popup will always and has always displayed a text link if the url does not end with and image extension (i.e. jpg,png,gif).

<layer>
            <name>Tax Parcels</name>
            <fields>TAX MAP ID,E911 LOCATION,OWNER 1,IMAGEMATE ONLINE LINK, SALES HISTORY</fields>
            <links>
                <link includeinresults="true" field="IMAGEMATE ONLINE LINK" alias="IMAGEMATE ONLINE">
                    <iconfield></iconfield>
                    <iconsuffix>assets/images/group-layer.png</iconsuffix>
                </link>
                <link includeinresults="true" field="SALES HISTORY" alias="SALES HISTORY">
                    <iconfield></iconfield>
                    <iconsuffix>assets/images/sales.png</iconsuffix>
                </link>
            </links>
            <zoomscale>2400</zoomscale>
            <forcescale>true</forcescale>
        </layer>

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check and to click the top arrow (promote) as shown below:
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Norton

Thank you Robert - that did the trick! My misinterpretation of the help documentation, assuming since there was an "alias" option for configuration that the "field" value must be the actual layer name (not alias as defined in the MXD.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sherri,

Glad you got it working. Don't forget the most important part to click the Mark as answer check (in the below image the steps go left to right) as shown below:
0 Kudos