Select to view content in your preferred language

Problems with basemaps in AppBuilder 3.1

Jump to solution
12-19-2012 05:27 AM
MattiasEkström
Frequent Contributor
Hi,
I've tried the new AppBuilder 3.1 and have problems creating apps with my basemaps. If I'm only using sample basemaps from arcgis online eventhing works, but if I use my basemaps (that worked perfectly in 3.0) the app builder freezez when I go to step 3 to set the extent. se the attached image. And if I'm viewing the application in a browser I can't se my basemaps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20071[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Using App Builder 3.1 with a map that is not either in geographic or web mercator is a known issue. It'll be fixed in the next release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor
Hi,
I've tried the new AppBuilder 3.1 and have problems creating apps with my basemaps. If I'm only using sample basemaps from arcgis online eventhing works, but if I use my basemaps (that worked perfectly in 3.0) the app builder freezez when I go to step 3 to set the extent. se the attached image. And if I'm viewing the application in a browser I can't se my basemaps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20071[/ATTACH]

The App Builder should have generated a config.xml file for you in the location you specified for the web server location. It would help if we could see what was in there.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Frequent Contributor
The config file (for this simple test application) looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
    <title>ArcGIS Viewer for Flex</title>
    <logo>assets/images/logo.png</logo>
    <style>
        <colors>0xffffff,0x333333,0x101010,0x0,0xffd700</colors>
        <alpha>0.8</alpha>
        <font name="Verdana"/>
        <titlefont name="Verdana"/>
        <subtitlefont name="Verdana"/>
    </style>
    <!-- replace the following url with your own geometryservice -->
    <geometryservice url="http://oskar75:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/Geometry/GeometryServer"/>
    <subtitle>test</subtitle>
    <widget url="widgets/Navigation/NavigationWidget.swf" config="widgets/Navigation/NavigationWidget.xml" left="10" top="50"/>
    <widget url="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.swf" config="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.xml" right="0" bottom="0"/>
    <widget url="widgets/MapSwitcher/MapSwitcherWidget.swf" config="widgets/MapSwitcher/MapSwitcherWidget.xml" right="20" top="55"/>
    <widget url="widgets/HeaderController/HeaderControllerWidget.swf" config="widgets/HeaderController/HeaderControllerWidget.xml" left="0" top="0"/>
    <map attributionvisible="false" esrilogovisible="true" openhandcursorvisible="false" scalebarvisible="true" scalebar="metric" zoomslidervisible="false" wraparound180="true" addarcgisbasemaps="false" initialextent="1694414.743585312 7736155.2180623105 1953383.3954153643 7882914.312369778" wkid="102100" top="40" portalurl="https://www.arcgis.com/">
        <basemaps>
            <layer type="tiled" label="Bakgrundskarta" url="http://oskar75:6080/arcgis/rest/services/test/Bakgrundskarta/MapServer" visible="true"/>
            <layer type="tiled" label="Ortofoto test" url="http://oskar75:6080/arcgis/rest/services/test/Ortofoto_test/MapServer" visible="false"/>
        </basemaps>
        <operationallayers>
            <layer type="dynamic" label="Riksintressen test" imageformat="png8" url="http://oskar75:6080/arcgis/rest/services/test/Riksintressen_test/MapServer" visible="true"/>
            <layer type="dynamic" label="Fastigheter rättigheter" imageformat="png8" url="http://oskar75:6080/arcgis/rest/services/test/Fastigheter_r%C3%A4ttigheter/MapServer" visible="true"/>
        </operationallayers>
    </map>
    <widgetcontainer layout="float">
        <widget url="widgets/Draw/DrawWidget.swf" config="widgets/Draw/DrawWidget.xml" label="Rita" icon="assets/images/i_draw2.png"/>
        <widget url="widgets/Print/PrintWidget.swf" config="widgets/Print/PrintWidget.xml" label="Skriv ut" icon="assets/images/i_print.png"/>
        <widget url="widgets/Legend/LegendWidget.swf" config="widgets/Legend/LegendWidget_1.xml" label="Teckenförklaring" icon="assets/images/Legend32.png"/>
        <widget url="widgets/Search/SearchWidget.swf" config="widgets/Search/SearchWidget_1.xml" label="Sök" icon="assets/images/i_search.png"/>
    </widgetcontainer>
</configuration>

And I see at least one thing that's incorrect, the wkid of my map services that I use in this application (they are not public) is 3010, and the config file says the wkid of the map is 102100. The initial extent is what I can't set in the AppBuilder for my basemaps so it's the extent that I set with a basemap from arcgis online.
And with that config file I can't see the application at all in a browser, just a blank screen, but I see a spinning clock and then the handcursor when trying to drag the blank map as well as the esri-logo.

I tried making changes to the config.xml and set wkid to 3010 and an initialextent suitable to my basemaps, but it's still the same, both in AppBuiler and in the browser.
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Try changing the map tag to:

<map attributionvisible="false" esrilogovisible="true" openhandcursorvisible="false" scalebarvisible="true" scalebar="metric" zoomslidervisible="false" wraparound180="false" addarcgisbasemaps="false" initialextent="1694414.743585312 7736155.2180623105 1953383.3954153643 7882914.312369778" top="40">
0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Frequent Contributor
Dasa, I made that change to the map tag and then the application works in a browser (except the initial extent wasn't correct). But the problem in the AppBuilder is still there.
Changing or removing tha initial extent in the config doesn't help either.
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Using App Builder 3.1 with a map that is not either in geographic or web mercator is a known issue. It'll be fixed in the next release.
0 Kudos
HeatherGonzago
Esri Contributor

To get around the issue you need to open the config.xml that gets generated from App Builder and set the wraparound180 attribute to false. There is no way currently to do this directly using App Builder as you can by modifying configuration files.
0 Kudos
Asta_KristinOladottir
Occasional Contributor

Do you know when the next release is scheduled?
0 Kudos