Select to view content in your preferred language

Preview of two great new widgets coming out mid January 2011

12-30-2010 10:46 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I have been working hard on two great new widgets that I want you to preview. The final versions will be made available Mid January 2011 and submitted to the Flex a Widget competition.

http://www.esri.com/events/devsummit/get-involved/widget-challenge.html

The first is a new route widget for FlexViewer 2.2

Its' feature include:

• Up to ten stops that can be added to the map interactively or by single line address matching using Bing geocoder.

• Up to ten point barriers that can be added in the same fashion as stops.

• Interactively added stops and barriers are automatically reverse geocoded.

• You can calculate by time or distance and optionally use best sequence.

• Route segments can be individually clicked in the directions list and visualized using a polyline animation (Thanks to Mark Deaton).

• The big deal for this widget is its' printing capability. Both direct printer output and PDF output are supported. Multi page output with headers and footers and the option to include the large route image are all included. The individual direction segments have maneuver arrows that are included by default but can optionally be turned off. Things like configuring alternating directions background color can also be configured.

So if you are a developer and don't care about routing but want to know how to do moderately advanced multi page printing and AlivePDF techniques than this widget is for you.

Preview here:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-route.xml

The second one is a new infoTemplate for featurelayers.

The Attachment Relate Info Window Widgets' features include:

• Ability to specify which fields are displayed

• Specify one link field that will display as a clickable text or an actual image in the info window

• Buttons at the bottom of the window for Zooming to feature, querying attachments, querying related features or tables

• Attachments are preview only and are displayed in a custom grid popup not the standard attachment inspector.

• Relates are initially displayed in a grid that allows for the selection of which related feature you want to preview and then when you choose the one you want to see then a floating datagrid is displayed with the related records.

In the examples below click on the point in the screen.

Preview of attachment and link capability:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-attachment.xml

Preview of related feature capability:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-relate.xml

preview of image link in info window:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-infoimage.xml
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
156 Replies
JacobBoyle
Occasional Contributor III
these tools are great, but I have question.  I am just getting to the point where i feel comforstable editing tools and making them do things that I'd like to see.  how hard is it going to be to switch this so that i can call the same widgets in an editing window and enable a user to edit, is it even possible or would i have to start from scratch?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jacob,

The widgets are not designed for that. They are designed for viewing not editing. I have not even considered it.
0 Kudos
JacobBoyle
Occasional Contributor III
thanks for the quick feedback, like i said, they're great tools, and it's really what I have envisioned for a project I am working on for editing, time to start cracking things apart I suppose!
0 Kudos
MarkSmith1
Occasional Contributor
Mark,

I hear you and if time permits I will look into it.

Hi Robert,

Just wondering if you have any insight about whether a tool like this is in the works from the Flex team (or if you've had time to develop one). I just downloaded the new viewer, 2.4, but once again related features don't seem to be on the Flex Team's radar. The new popup windows for dynamic and tiled layers is nice but it doesn't come close to replicating the functionality of your Identify widget (highlight Identified features, drill-down) and so I'm still stuck at the same crossroads - clickable features vs. Identify tool.

Thanks,

Mark
0 Kudos
CynthiaMatney
New Contributor
Robert - I am using your attach/relate widget - I've got version 2.3.  I am having an issue with duplicate title fields. 

Here is the issue: I have a map service that contains point features of items such as parks, schools, churches, gov buildings, etc.  When you click on a park, bus route, school, building - the pop-up comes up fine and displays the title, site address, a link and pictures - like it should.  However, if I then click on a church, cemetery or our animal shelter - whatever the title field for the last point click comes up instead of the title field for these points - however, the rest of the information is correct (address, link, picture).  Now if I click on a church, cemetery or animal shelter point first - it doesn't have a title field at all (until I click on something else and then back and it once again has the second title field displayed).

I went into the points layer within my mxd to verify that every point has the name field populated - they do.

I'm not sure what is going on.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
ChristinaMcCullough
New Contributor III
Is there any way that I could have the code/swf files for the 2.4 Route widget?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Christina,

Compiled or uncompiled?
0 Kudos