Select to view content in your preferred language

Preview of two great new widgets coming out mid January 2011

12-30-2010 10:46 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I have been working hard on two great new widgets that I want you to preview. The final versions will be made available Mid January 2011 and submitted to the Flex a Widget competition.

http://www.esri.com/events/devsummit/get-involved/widget-challenge.html

The first is a new route widget for FlexViewer 2.2

Its' feature include:

• Up to ten stops that can be added to the map interactively or by single line address matching using Bing geocoder.

• Up to ten point barriers that can be added in the same fashion as stops.

• Interactively added stops and barriers are automatically reverse geocoded.

• You can calculate by time or distance and optionally use best sequence.

• Route segments can be individually clicked in the directions list and visualized using a polyline animation (Thanks to Mark Deaton).

• The big deal for this widget is its' printing capability. Both direct printer output and PDF output are supported. Multi page output with headers and footers and the option to include the large route image are all included. The individual direction segments have maneuver arrows that are included by default but can optionally be turned off. Things like configuring alternating directions background color can also be configured.

So if you are a developer and don't care about routing but want to know how to do moderately advanced multi page printing and AlivePDF techniques than this widget is for you.

Preview here:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-route.xml

The second one is a new infoTemplate for featurelayers.

The Attachment Relate Info Window Widgets' features include:

• Ability to specify which fields are displayed

• Specify one link field that will display as a clickable text or an actual image in the info window

• Buttons at the bottom of the window for Zooming to feature, querying attachments, querying related features or tables

• Attachments are preview only and are displayed in a custom grid popup not the standard attachment inspector.

• Relates are initially displayed in a grid that allows for the selection of which related feature you want to preview and then when you choose the one you want to see then a floating datagrid is displayed with the related records.

In the examples below click on the point in the screen.

Preview of attachment and link capability:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-attachment.xml

Preview of related feature capability:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-relate.xml

preview of image link in info window:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-infoimage.xml
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
156 Replies
ZachVernon
New Contributor II
Robert,

Thanks for all your hard work on the Attachment Relate Info Window Widget, it is extremely useful for our applications.  I have a question regarding field aliases within the tool. 

I saw the instructions in the documentation for linkfield aliases, but am wondering what the procedure is to get aliases to work for regular fields.  Is it possible to use the Field Aliases as defined in ArcMap rather than the raw field names?  Or is it possible to add a line in the IWT xmls specifying an alias to use?

Regards,
Zach
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Zach,

If you use the actual field names in the fields list for the xml and specify the layername then the alias from the mxd will be used automatically if they are specified in the geodatabase.
0 Kudos
ShannakaBeveridge
New Contributor II
Hi,

Is it possible to display the url for the related table in the Relates Window?

Cheers,

Shannaka
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shannaka,

Not sure I understand the question can you be more specific?
0 Kudos
HaroldFleet
New Contributor
Hello,

Many thanks for the Attachment Relate Info Window Widget.  As usual, when I start to look for info on a widget, you have it here.

As I am still relativley new to Flex, I was wondering about selection options for the relate widget.  Is it possible to edit the code and be able to select more than one point, or parcel in my case, and have all the relate results show and made available for export?  Either by clicking on more than one point, or draw a polygon around them? 

Regards,

Harold
0 Kudos
MelissaMathis
New Contributor
Hello Robert,
Does the Identify widget version 2.2.2 support layers published
from Arc Server 9.31?  I am guessing it doesn't, I can not get
the popup window to display my field information.

Does the widget work with feature layers only? 

Thanks,
Melissa
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Harold,

The code would take serious reworking to accomplish this... That type of change is not on my radar.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Melissa,

This is probably a name issue...
Does the Identify widget version 2.2.2 support layers published
from Arc Server 9.31? I am guessing it doesn't, I can not get
the popup window to display my field information.

Does the widget work with feature layers only?

The Identify widget version 2.2.2 not discussed or described in this thread does support ArcGIS Server 9.3.

The Attachment Relate Info Window does only support Feature Type Layers. But don't get that confused with a FeatureService that in new to ArcGIS Server 10. A FlexViewer layer of type feature can be pointing to a standard MapService.
0 Kudos
ShannakaBeveridge
New Contributor II
Shannaka,

Not sure I understand the question can you be more specific?

Sorry, I meant the URL to the ArcGIS Server REST resource. Is it possible to display this in the Relates Window?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shannaka,

If you are using the source code version I could give you some code to do this, but if you are using the compiled version than the answer would be no.
0 Kudos