Select to view content in your preferred language

Preview of two great new widgets coming out mid January 2011

12-30-2010 10:46 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I have been working hard on two great new widgets that I want you to preview. The final versions will be made available Mid January 2011 and submitted to the Flex a Widget competition.

http://www.esri.com/events/devsummit/get-involved/widget-challenge.html

The first is a new route widget for FlexViewer 2.2

Its' feature include:

• Up to ten stops that can be added to the map interactively or by single line address matching using Bing geocoder.

• Up to ten point barriers that can be added in the same fashion as stops.

• Interactively added stops and barriers are automatically reverse geocoded.

• You can calculate by time or distance and optionally use best sequence.

• Route segments can be individually clicked in the directions list and visualized using a polyline animation (Thanks to Mark Deaton).

• The big deal for this widget is its' printing capability. Both direct printer output and PDF output are supported. Multi page output with headers and footers and the option to include the large route image are all included. The individual direction segments have maneuver arrows that are included by default but can optionally be turned off. Things like configuring alternating directions background color can also be configured.

So if you are a developer and don't care about routing but want to know how to do moderately advanced multi page printing and AlivePDF techniques than this widget is for you.

Preview here:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-route.xml

The second one is a new infoTemplate for featurelayers.

The Attachment Relate Info Window Widgets' features include:

• Ability to specify which fields are displayed

• Specify one link field that will display as a clickable text or an actual image in the info window

• Buttons at the bottom of the window for Zooming to feature, querying attachments, querying related features or tables

• Attachments are preview only and are displayed in a custom grid popup not the standard attachment inspector.

• Relates are initially displayed in a grid that allows for the selection of which related feature you want to preview and then when you choose the one you want to see then a floating datagrid is displayed with the related records.

In the examples below click on the point in the screen.

Preview of attachment and link capability:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-attachment.xml

Preview of related feature capability:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-relate.xml

preview of image link in info window:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-infoimage.xml
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
156 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I thought I would add more features that many people have requested.

1. Ability to specify which fields are displayed

2. Specify Multiple hyperlinks that will display as a click-able text or an actual image in the info window or additional buttons at the bottom of the info window.

3. All links will have the ability to have a prefix and suffix added to them.

4. Linkalias can be defined for each link and will be used as the click-able text or the tooltip of the image or button.

5. When you specify the hyperlink you specify how you want it to appear in the info window (i.e. text, meaning click-able label, img, meaning the link is to a url of an image so a thumbnail of the image appears in the info window, or icon, meaning that a additional button is added to the bottom of the info window that when clicked opens the specified url.

6. Buttons at the bottom of the window for Zooming to feature, querying attachments, querying related features or tables.

7. Attachments are preview only and are displayed in a custom grid popup not the standard attachment inspector.

8. Relates are initially displayed in a grid that allows for the selection of which related feature you want to preview and then when you choose.

Let me know what you think and any other reasonable ideas that I might not have thought of for these two widgets.
0 Kudos
GeraldLee__GISP
Occasional Contributor
absolutely beautiful. thank you much!
0 Kudos
BarrettStanke
New Contributor
Looking good, especially that second widget.  Anxiously awaiting its release. :cool:

I really need to learn API coding, functionally.
0 Kudos
KFBONG
by
New Contributor
Robert,

I am interested to use the new infoTemplate widget.

Could you share a little bit more information on where 1) the image files 2) the attachment files should be stored?  i.e. on  file system (UNC path), a web server or database?   Can it extract thumbnail from a geodatabase <raster> field?

Thank you,
kf

All,

I thought I would add more features that many people have requested.

2. Specify Multiple hyperlinks that will display as a click-able text or an actual image in the info window or additional buttons at the bottom of the info window.

4. Linkalias can be defined for each link and will be used as the click-able text or the tooltip of the image or button.

5. When you specify the hyperlink you specify how you want it to appear in the info window (i.e. text, meaning click-able label, img, meaning the link is to a url of an image so a thumbnail of the image appears in the info window, or icon, meaning that a additional button is added to the bottom of the info window that when clicked opens the specified url.

6. Buttons at the bottom of the window for Zooming to feature, querying attachments, querying related features or tables.

7. Attachments are preview only and are displayed in a custom grid popup not the standard attachment inspector.

8. Relates are initially displayed in a grid that allows for the selection of which related feature you want to preview and then when you choose.

Let me know what you think and any other reasonable ideas that I might not have thought of for these two widgets.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
KF BONG,

1. The image files need to be in a URL accessible folder on a web server.
2. The attachments portion of this code uses ArcGIS Server 10s' new attachment capabilities (attachments can be enabled for a Feature Service and the data is stored in special blob fields in special related tables behind the scenes).
3. Raster Fields are still unavailable to REST.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I thought I would add another feature that many people have requested.

9. Multi Image support. What this does is allows you to specify a field that has comma separated image file names and optionally use a link prefix and suffix to allow for multiple images to be visible in the info window. Moving from one image to the next is controlled using simple text links ( <prev and next>).
0 Kudos
KFBONG
by
New Contributor
hi Robert,

Thank you very much for the info.

Best regards,
KF

KF BONG,

1. The image files need to be in a URL accessible folder on a web server.
2. The attachments portion of this code uses ArcGIS Server 10s' new attachment capabilities (attachments can be enabled for a Feature Service and the data is stored in special blob fields in special related tables behind the scenes).
3. Raster Fields are still unavailable to REST.
0 Kudos
SimonMorgan
Regular Contributor
All,

I thought I would add another feature that many people have requested.

9. Multi Image support. What this does is allows you to specify a field that has comma separated image file names and optionally use a link prefix and suffix to allow for multiple images to be visible in the info window. Moving from one image to the next is controlled using simple text links ( <prev and next>).

These new widget are looking awesome! Will the attachments/relate widget require a feature service or will a map service suffice?

Would you be willing to add export to CSV functionality as option for the related floating datagrids?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Simon,

Yes either mapservice or featureservice can be used as long as in the config.xml they are setup as type="feature". I will see if I can squeeze in export functionality to the relates datagrid just like I have in the enhanced Search widget.
0 Kudos