Select to view content in your preferred language

pop-ups and (e-)Draw widget

05-03-2011 02:26 AM
niekvan_den_berg
Emerging Contributor
When using the Draw widget, in a Pop-up enabled viewer, I keep getting Pop-ups while drawing.
Is there any way to stop the Pop-ups from appearing when the Draw widget is enabled?

I am not a Flex coder so I am looking for configuation options.

thanks in advance..
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Niek,

I have a couple of questions... Are you actually talking about PopUpInfo windows that are associated with a particular layer in the main config.xml? You are not talking about the DrawTool tips like "double click to complete", are you? The issue is that if you are talking about PopUpInfo windows that are associated with a layer in the config.xml then I have not control over when they appear.
0 Kudos
niekvan_den_berg
Emerging Contributor
Robert,

I am talking about the new pop-up windows that are associated with map service layers in the config.xml.

Perhaps I need to look at alternatives like the query widget.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Niek,

I would say call ESRI tech support and see if they can log an enhancement request for the PopUpInfo to to appear during a draw operation.
0 Kudos
niekvan_den_berg
Emerging Contributor
Robert,

The enhancement request is logged. Let's hope ESRI Inc. will look into it.
0 Kudos
niekvan_den_berg
Emerging Contributor
The problem has been acknowledged as a bug:

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDY4MjM0
0 Kudos
DaleHanna
Deactivated User
Robert,

Is there a way to turn off the Enhanced Draw Tool popups ("double click to complete", "click to start drawing", etc.), that you refered to in Item #2 of this post.  I wasn't able to identify the portion of code in your widget that controls this, and I also wasn't able to find a reference of this in the forums.

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dale,

The eDraw widget uses the DrawTool of the MapManager.mxml so if you want to disable the showDrawTips.

drawTool.showDrawTips = false;
0 Kudos
DaleHanna
Deactivated User
Robert,

Thank you for your quick response.  I made the change you suggested, and it worked like a charm.  One more quick question regarding DrawToolTips.  Why does setting the DrawToolTips to "false" not deactivate the the Tool Tips for the EditWidget?  I guess I assumed that the EditWidget utilizes the MapManager in the same fashion as your eDraw tool, but maybe this isn't the case.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dale,

Yes the edit widget uses its own DrawTool so you will have to disable it as well

editor.drawTool.showDrawTips = false;
0 Kudos