Select to view content in your preferred language

missing operational layers

Jump to solution
02-07-2012 01:32 PM
JamesArmstrong
New Contributor III
As I have been continuing my climb up the learning curve with the Flex Viewer, I've had several questions that have been answered here in this forum.  Here is the latest one:

I have set up a flex site using the topographic base layer as provided in the application builder.  I use an operation layer (map service) from my own server.  Works great!!  I then changed the dynamic map service to a feature layer so that I could drill into the individual layers.  using this method, I was able to "grab" 4 or 5 feature layers successfully.  HOWEVER, one or two layers do not seem to show.  These layers are in the TOC (more) but do not draw.  I thought it might be due to using a compound symbology, but that made no difference when I change it to a simple symbol.

Why would some 'feature' layers draw, but not others - all from the same mapservice?  I even tried create another map service from which to pull these layers, but to no avail.  Opinions?, comments?????

here is a copy of my config.  Please note that at the moment I am working from behind a firewall and the server has yet to be exposed.  This might be part of the issue, but again, why would some layers work and not others?

--------------------

<widget url="widgets/MapSwitcher/MapSwitcherWidget.swf" config="widgets/MapSwitcher/MapSwitcherWidget.xml" right="20" top="55"/>
    <widget url="widgets/HeaderController/HeaderControllerWidget.swf" config="widgets/HeaderController/HeaderControllerWidget.xml" left="0" top="0"/>
    <map esrilogovisible="true" openhandcursorvisible="true" scalebarvisible="true" zoomslidervisible="false" wraparound180="true" initialextent="-8939539.769033896 4124236.298153858 -8810055.443118757 4200979.074552204" top="40">
        <basemaps>
            <layer type="tiled" label="Topographic" url="http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer" visible="true"/>
        </basemaps>
        <operationallayers>
            <layer type="feature" label="RichmondParcels10" url="http://rcggisserver2/ArcGIS/rest/services/RichmondParcels10/MapServer/0" visible="true"/>
            <layer type="feature" label="RichmondParcels10" url="http://rcggisserver2/ArcGIS/rest/services/RichmondParcels10/MapServer/19" visible="true"/>
            <layer type="feature" label="RichmondParcels10flex" url="http://rcggisserver2/ArcGIS/rest/services/RichmondParcels10flex/MapServer/12" visible="true"/>
        </operationallayers>
    </map>
</configuration>
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesArmstrong
New Contributor III
YEs all the layers show when I access the map service as 'dynamic'.  I tried publising a new map service but this did not solve anything.  I should mention that one of the layers not showing is a spatial view created in SDE.  It shows up in the msd, webadf, and as a dynamic map service.  It just does not show as a feature layer.  i tried clering the cache and restarting the map services (both of them) to no avail.

JEA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

James,

When you use the map service as a standard "dynamic" layer do this particular layer show in the map? I have seen before where the map service is just bad/corrupt when published and only certain layer work, to fix this most of the time just required the user to re-publish the same MSD as a different service name.
0 Kudos
JamesArmstrong
New Contributor III
YEs all the layers show when I access the map service as 'dynamic'.  I tried publising a new map service but this did not solve anything.  I should mention that one of the layers not showing is a spatial view created in SDE.  It shows up in the msd, webadf, and as a dynamic map service.  It just does not show as a feature layer.  i tried clering the cache and restarting the map services (both of them) to no avail.

JEA
0 Kudos