Select to view content in your preferred language

IdentifyWidget's Column Width

Jump to solution
08-08-2012 09:14 AM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
I want to adjust the column width of an IdentifyWidget.  Currently, the Key and Value columns have the equal width.  I revised the popUpRenderSkin.mxml:
        <s:Group id="keyValueGroup" width="100%">
            <s:layout>
                <s:ConstraintLayout id="keyValueGroupLayout">
                    <s:constraintColumns>
                        <s:ConstraintColumn id="col1" width="30%" />
                        <s:ConstraintColumn id="col2" width="70%"/>
                    </s:constraintColumns>
                </s:ConstraintLayout>
            </s:layout>
        </s:Group>
However, the column widths of both columns have no change.  Did I do something incorrect?  Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shaning,

As I mentioned adjusting the width of the the columns of the data that gets dynamically  created (meaning they are not there until the api code, not visible to you, creates them) in the contentGroup by code that is part of the API is going to  be EXTREMELY hard if possible at all.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shanning,

Your misuse of terminology really hinders you getting the answers you need...
I want to adjust the column width of an IdentifyWidget.
The identify widget is my widget and does not use columns.

So I have to assume that you are really speaking of the IdentifyTask that presents it's results in an InfoSymbol like your thread here:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/63228-Identify-Tool-How-to-filter-out-some-unwanted-attributes

If that is the case than as I posted in this thread:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/63222-Identify-Tool-s-infoWondow-box-can-it-be-customized-in-Length...

the proper mxml that you need to be working with is the InfoSymbolWindowSkin.mxml and not the popUpRenderSkin.mxml

If I am correct in all this, than adjusting the width of the the columns of the data that gets dynamically created in the contentGroup by code that is part of the API is going to be EXTREMELY hard if possible at all.
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Robert:  You might be right.  But in the InfoSymbolWindowSkin.mxml, there is no definition about the Key/Value columns.  I only found them in the popUpRenderSkin.mxml.  In my application, the pop-up contains 2 columns w/ equal width.  Usually, Key (Attribute Name) is short but Value (Attribute value) is long.  I want to reduce Key column width and meanwhile increase Value column width.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shaning,

As I mentioned adjusting the width of the the columns of the data that gets dynamically  created (meaning they are not there until the api code, not visible to you, creates them) in the contentGroup by code that is part of the API is going to  be EXTREMELY hard if possible at all.
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Thanks.  Now I got understand your meaning.
0 Kudos