Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify 2.1.6

10-26-2010 09:50 AM
JoshuaCoates
New Contributor
I have added this identify widget to my map. I have added the widget to the widget container, compiled it and added my changes to the identifywidget.xml. My problem is when I use the widget and click something....it displays the result box with the layer it is pulling from and it also shows the field, however, there are no values?! Also, when the application first opens, the identify widget automatically open by default. Where do I change this to where it will not auto-launch the widget?!

Thanks,
Josh C.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
AaronWeier
Occasional Contributor
Hi All,

i figured it out. I simply added a second layer to my map to get the second hyperlink.

I changed my service to be "dynamic" instead of "feature". Now the identify tool shows two features. This works great.

I'm still curious if there is any potential for the tool to handle multiple hyperlinks on a single layer.

Again, thanks for the sharing the tool! It's very easy to use and configure!!

AW
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Aaron,

I have looked at the possibility of multiple hyperlinks but as of right now I have no plans to implement this. I have a higher priority of adding the attachment inspector for the next release.
0 Kudos
HaroldBostic
Occasional Contributor II
Robert,
one of my layers requires a proxy to access it.  What's the best way to use a proxy for one layer using this widget?

Thanks
0 Kudos
BrettFlodine
New Contributor
Robert,

Thank you for the updated widget it works great! I am wondering what I need to do to change the color of the field names so they are different from the attributes? I had this working in my 1.3 viewer.

Brett
0 Kudos
HaroldBostic
Occasional Contributor II
For the proxy issue, I patterned the methods used in the main config file and set the identifyTask.proxyURL for the layers that require it.

Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Harold,

I will probably be putting out a new version with minor bug fixes and would like to include what you did for the proxy thing as your code would be tested and I don't have any services that need a proxy to test with.
0 Kudos