How we can make a group of layers?

Jump to solution
07-28-2014 11:08 AM
anjelinaponkerat
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

I have 32 layers in my flex application.Is there any way to make groups of these layers like ArcGIS Desktop?

I can not do this in ARCGIS DESKTOP, because some layers are cashed and some layers are dynamic.

Regards

0 Kudos
25 Replies
anjelinaponkerat

Hi

Many thanks. Is it possible send me source code of this widget to develope by flash builder?

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II

Its the code in the link to the github page in my post above.

0 Kudos
anjelinaponkerat

Hi

I have problem with TOCGroup.xml configuration. What is "Theme" and "mapservice" configuration?

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II

Themes are the groups you want to make, then you have to specify which map services you want in each theme using the layer name

0 Kudos
anjelinaponkerat

Hi

map service is equal of Layer label in config.xml or ...?

please help...

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II

Yes, the config that is supplied with the widget works with the default config file when you download the viewer using the fires and demographic layers

haThach
New Contributor III

Hi,

I download the source code and add it to my flex project but got this error. What does it mean?

1119: Access of possibly undefined property SUSPEND_TOC_HIDE_TIMER through a reference with static type class.

Regards,

Ha Thach

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ha Thach,

You get that error because the widget is not updated for ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.6

0 Kudos
haThach
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert. Yes, I'm using ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.6. When I comment out error message in TransparencyMenuItem.mxml and TocLayerMenu.mxml

where

//AppEvent.dispatch(AppEvent.SUSPEND_TOC_HIDE_TIMER, "true");

//AppEvent.dispatch(AppEvent.SUSPEND_TOC_HIDE_TIMER, null);

Now, the error message go away. This seem to solve the problem temporarily. Are you or the person who wrote this source code have any plan on update this TOCGroup widget?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ha Thach,

I don't think the original developer is maintaining this widget any more but if you really want this widget updated then these are the changes to make.

TocLayerMenu.mxml

private function bordercontainer1_rollOverHandler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

AppEvent.dispatch(AppEvent.RESET_TOC_HIDE_TIMER, "true");

}

private function bordercontainer1_rollOutHandler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

AppEvent.dispatch(AppEvent.START_TOC_HIDE_TIMER, null);

}

TransparencyMenuItem.mxml

protected function transparencyBorderContainer_rollOverHandler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

AppEvent.dispatch(AppEvent.RESET_TOC_HIDE_TIMER, "true");

}

protected function transparencyBorderContainer_rollOutHandler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

AppEvent.dispatch(AppEvent.START_TOC_HIDE_TIMER, null);

}

0 Kudos