Select to view content in your preferred language

Google Street View Widget for the Flexviewer

01-11-2011 02:25 AM
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
I wanted to get some feedback on my street view widget for the Flexviewer 2.*, Check it out here:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f069d8a3aa304e29a432b48e5f64ca74
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
82 Replies
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
I have just finished modifying my code to support IE 7, IE 8, Opera, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.  Please let me know if there are any issues.  Enjoy.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f069d8a3aa304e29a432b48e5f64ca74
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrew,

I like your changes. The only FEATURE now is that when you minimize and maximize the panaorama div does not come back automatically.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Robert,

That was intentional.  If people want to see that though, it's a very easy implementation.  Thanks for your comments, that's the only way app's get better.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Robert,

I figured 'Why Not?'.  I added your suggestion and uploaded the changes.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
I found a couple bugs in the javascript this morning pertaining to the widgetclosed event and the pageresize event. They have been corrected and reposted.  Changes can be made to the streetview.js file or you can download the updated widget.

function removeStreetview()
{
try{
  g_panorama = null;
  GUnload();
  var obj= getSWF("theApp");
  obj.height = "100%";
     var theDiv = document.getElementById("pano");
  if(theDiv)
  {
   document.body.removeChild(theDiv);
  }
    }catch(err){
  alert(err);
}
}

and

function windowResized()
{
try{
  if(g_panorama){
   var obj= getSWF("theApp");
   obj.height = getPageHeight() - streetviewHeight;
   g_panorama.checkResize();
  }
}catch(err){
}
}
0 Kudos
CynthiaMatney
Emerging Contributor
Hello.  I've downloaded the streetview and have followed the directions as stated in the readme.txt

When I run my project the icon shows up at the top and I'm able to click on that and come up w/the popup window that says to click the person on the right and put it on a street on the map.  I do that but then nothing else happens after that. 

I also created a google account and obtained a google key - which I've placed in the index.template.html as directed.

Any clue as to what I might be doing incorrectly?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Cynthia ,

Once the widget opens and you can see the text that say click icon to start..... click it. Don't try to drag and drop it.  This activates the drawtool.  Now click on a street and you should be good to go.  You will not get any street view if there is none available where ever you are selecting.  If this doesn't help please let me know, this is the first complication with the latest version I have heard.

Additionally,

Does the compiled version work for you?
0 Kudos
CynthiaMatney
Emerging Contributor
Yes, the compiled version works and it shows that Google has streetview available for my area of interest as well. 

Perhaps I am doing something incorrect w/my implementing of the widget?

I do not get the Google window at the bottom of the screen to open when I place my little person on a street as it does in the compiled version.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Cynthia,

It was good speaking to you regarding this.   I'm glad you are up and running.
0 Kudos
CynthiaMatney
Emerging Contributor
My work number is 816-439-4508

Email: cmatney@ci.liberty.mo.us

Thanks,
Cynthia
0 Kudos