Getting the Flex Viewer Public

06-01-2012 11:50 AM
RudinEmborsky
New Contributor
This might be a stupid question but the URL I have for the viewer only works on the my local PC. How do I make it public? Should I have used the AppBuilder or this there another solution?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
MLowry
by
Occasional Contributor II
It's not stupid, it just requires a little knowledge of web servers. We will need a little more information to help you out such as your web server configuration. Is it windows IIS or Linux Apache?
0 Kudos
RudinEmborsky
New Contributor
Windows IIS
0 Kudos
jessebelcher
New Contributor
I have not done this yet.. But this is one of the articles i have read on how to do it.. Do let us know how it goes..

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisserver/10.0/help/arcgis_server_dotnet_help/index.html#/Exposing_your...
0 Kudos
RudinEmborsky
New Contributor
No luck. I changed everything back to the way they were and now I get an Unauthorized error when I try to open the viewer locally.
0 Kudos
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor
what is the error you are getting when you try to access the app from another computer?
Are you only trying to access from elsewhere on your network or open to the internet?
0 Kudos
sapnas
by
Occasional Contributor III
rudin ,

Have you enabled anonymous authentication of viewer in IIS?
0 Kudos
TrevorWeiland
New Contributor III
Reading through this thread, I'm a little confused.  How is your system setup?  When you say "local" system are you talking about trying to hit it via local file system or via a web share?

What happens when you navigate to "http://<yourServerName>/"?  You should get the IIS welcome screen but the type of error page you get if you don't will tell you the exact problem.
0 Kudos
RudinEmborsky
New Contributor
I'm new to server so I'm learning as I go. The anonymous authentication is enabled. I edited the permissions for the wwwroot folder and now the viewer works again on my server and my local PC that is on the network. Should I have made a GIS Server Users group the same as "Everyone" in the wwwroot folder?
0 Kudos
sapnas
by
Occasional Contributor III
When you say public is it internet access or LAN access? I think for internet access you should have a domain name registered. if its a LAN access then you may have to verify if the firewall is blocking the port.
0 Kudos