flexviewer popup date one day off for related table

06-21-2017 04:43 PM
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I know Flexviewer is "old", but we are still using it.

I am aware of the UTC setting:

<format dateformat="shortDate" useutc="true"/>

and this seems to work fine for the original popup data, but, the related records are still removing a day from the date.

Has anyone figured out a way to have the related table date format honor the popup config file format or am I stuck with showing two different dates for that same field?

The data in the feature class and the related table both have 1/13/2016 in this field.

Thanks for any help,

R_

0 Kudos
30 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

We are switching to the U&T version 10.6.1 until it's not supported anymore.  So, I suspect by the time we get to 10.7 (or whatever U&T version is by then), FLexViewer stuff won't be supported in the browsers anymore.

However, we will be upgrading to SQL server 2016 in the near future, so interested in your findings as we will still need the Flexviewers to work.

R_

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking the issue is due to the Windows Server version that AGS is installed on.  I will try calling the current 10.5.1 services from a FlexViewer app on a Windows 2016 Server with IIS to see if that scenario works which is not a solution but will tell me if my upgraded AGS environment would even support Flex apps.  I may be forced to either go with WebAppBuilder (might not get management approval for thst) or a 3rd party solution sooner than I thought.

0 Kudos
MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor

I haven't thought that far ahead, to worry about 10.7 affecting Flex Viewer.  I have started to run into minor annoyances with Google Chrome, which has led to exploring other options.  For a few months now, in Chrome (currently running Chrome v.73.0.3683.86) the Adobe Flash plugin will not permanently run for a specified website, only temporarily, while the instance of Chrome is running.  This forces a user to enable Flash every time Chrome has been totally closed out, then reopened.  Not a big deal, but its led me to start thinking about, what if the browser stops running Flex Builder.  I need a backup plan.

I started experimenting with a download of a site I built with the WebApp Builder for ArcGIS.  It mimics one of my Flex Viewer sites. I implemented all of the same tools, popups, etc. It's real nice.  But I'm hesitant to roll out it out to our users.  The printing template scale bar always defaults to miles, which looks like garbage when the majority of the maps your users make are at a small scale.  I've searched the code, but cannot figure out how to change the scale bar's default unit to feet.  The user can change the units manually, but I don't want to force them to do so.  For now, the Flex Viewer is more convenient.  I'm hoping that ESRI will implement an easier way to change the default units.  If they do so, I'll most likely migrate our web environment to WebApp Builder for ArcGIS sites that mimic our current Flex sites.  All downloaded and ran locally on our servers.  

Matt

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

on a related note, if you have access to the registry file:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome]
"DefaultPluginsSetting"=dword:00000001
@="1"

will allow Chrome to open FlexViewer without having to confirm each time.

this:

@="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\PluginsAllowedForUrls]
"1"="iis.ci.city.state.us"

does same thing, but restricts only to the listed host

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you get the Flash warning every time or just on the first opening after logging into the computer?

Maybe this registry key edit will allow me to open the flex app up against AGS 10.7 services on a Windows 2016 Server server.  Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Michael!
We still running some critical FlexViewer apps, we're on ArcGIS Server 10.6 on an old server with Windows Server 2008 R2. We are about to move to a new server some time before this summer, and then we'll upgrade to AGS 10.7, I'm not sure if our IT guys will go with windows server 2016 or 2019. But if I really don't want our FlexViewer apps to stop working, we plan to switch to some WAB-based solution but not yet, that will more likely be this autumn or next year.

So please keep us updated!

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you and/or your colleagues get this message whenever you browse to your flexviewer apps when using Chrome when you first log into your computer?

0 Kudos
MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor

Yes, that's the same message we receive.  

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Rhett:

The is what the registry looks like on my machine:

I do not see a "DefaultPluginsSetting" key.  Do I need to add a new key or add a new value to the Chrome folder from the list of String value, Binary value, DWORD (32-bit) value, QWORD (64-bit) value, Multi-String value, or Expandable String value?

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I had to add it as a DWORD.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google]

"DefaultPluginsSetting"=dword:00000001
@="1"

I find the easiest way it to just copy/paste the above text into a text file and save with reg extension (filename.reg).

then just double click it and it will prompt to create the entries for you.

below is the reg file entries to just allow from specified server:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google]

@="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome\PluginsAllowedForUrls]
"1"="www.esri.com"
0 Kudos