flexviewer popup date one day off for related table

06-21-2017 04:43 PM
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I know Flexviewer is "old", but we are still using it.

I am aware of the UTC setting:

<format dateformat="shortDate" useutc="true"/>

and this seems to work fine for the original popup data, but, the related records are still removing a day from the date.

Has anyone figured out a way to have the related table date format honor the popup config file format or am I stuck with showing two different dates for that same field?

The data in the feature class and the related table both have 1/13/2016 in this field.

Thanks for any help,

R_

0 Kudos
30 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you send me a screenshot of your registry as I am unable to enter @="1" as the registry is only allowing integer values?

I am running Windows 10 64-bit so the registry might look and behave differently if you have a different OS version that me.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Guess I should have checked that first since I have moved to windows 10 64 bit also.

Looks like the DefaultPluginsSetting method doesn't work beyond Chrome 61.

However, the second method specifying the allowable sites still works.

Can add multiple string values to add other sites

Updated:  this method allows from any URL.  Can hardcode if you only want available from specific "list" of hosts.

R_

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is actually a pretty simple fix when using WAB Dev edition. Just ask that question in the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS‌ space.

MatthewFletcher
Occasional Contributor

Just a heads up to anyone monitoring this thread.  Within the past week, I noticed a popup message in the Google Chrome browser stating that "Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020."  Image and link below.

Google Chrome Flash player to be unsupported image

https://www.blog.google/products/chrome/saying-goodbye-flash-chrome/

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

If you do need to get your flexviewer to still work with ArcGIS Server (AGS) 10.7 (probably also 10.6) as you have not yet been able to port the app over to webappbuilder, you would just need to copy the crossdomain.xml and clientaccesspolicy.xml files to a different server install location.

Instead of these files being installed automatically to the below location in AGS 10.5 and older:

C:\Server\framework\runtime\tomcat\contexts\rootapp

copy these same files from your older AGS environment to:

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\webapps\rootapp

in the newer AGS environment.

This is how I was able to keep flexviewer going in the AGS 10.7 environment, but this setup will only last until my org gets a webappbuilder replacement app.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

I am curious. What has been the delay for your org after so many years?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

There are many reasons, but a big problem is the ease of use of the flexviewer app and setup as it did not require a tie into AGOL or Portal.  The Portal is where my org should be migrating in the near future, so we would probably want to create a replacement app in Portal that can make use of your custom widget.  The Portal architecture is more complex than a simpler AGS site setup so it will take some time.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Robert:

Since Experience Builder will be replacing WebAppBuilder eventually (They will exist side-by-side for some unknown timeframe), have you written the eSearch widget to be available in that platform?

My optimal plan would be to create an app in Experience Builder using the eSearch widget to get a greater return on investment with respect to ESRI's deprecation plans. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

No I have not started building widgets for experience builder yet.

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Michael Volz  Mattias Ekström et al
10.7 no longer ships with a crossdomain.xml.  This is most likely the first problem you will run into when using Flex applications with ArcGIS 10.7.

To verify that is your issue, look at your browser console's network tab and see if there's request for a crossdomain.xml file that returns an HTTP 404 (Not Found) error.

10.6.1 was the last version that shipped with it, see for example this sampleserver that is still running 10.6.1:
https://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/crossdomain.xml

cc: Robert Scheitlin, GISP