Select to view content in your preferred language

Flexviewer doesn't load on first try after windows-based authentication on IIS.

06-13-2011 09:14 AM
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor
I'm using flex for ags 2.3 api
I'm compiling requiring flash 10.0 or greater
I'm using IIS 7, and using windows authentication for access to the flex app
The client flash player is 10.3 on IE9 in windows 7

The problem we are experiencing here is that once the user types in their u/p the screen goes blank . Usually there's a little animated clock that signifies page is loading. Its not until I hit the refresh that it will load properly. This is not consistent either. sometimes it will load, sometimes it will not. It is more stable if I turn on compatibility view. However this is not an option to tell people to do this. It works fine on IE 8, Flash 10.1 in XP though.

Any body else with this problem? is there a fix?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor
I can replicate the problem consistently by clearing the cache
Using windows 7, and IE9, and not in compatibility view.

I'm using flex for ags 2.3 api
I'm compiling requiring flash 10.0 or greater
I'm using IIS 7, and using windows authentication for access to the flex app
The client flash player is 10.3 on IE9 in windows 7

The problem we are experiencing here is that once the user types in their u/p the screen goes blank . Usually there's a little animated clock that signifies page is loading. Its not until I hit the refresh that it will load properly. This is not consistent either. sometimes it will load, sometimes it will not. It is more stable if I turn on compatibility view. However this is not an option to tell people to do this. It works fine on IE 8, Flash 10.1 in XP though.

Any body else with this problem? is there a fix?
0 Kudos
Scott_Russell
Regular Contributor
I'm having the same issue, more than 2 years later.  I wish there was an answer.  If anyone sees this any has some advice, please let me know!!
0 Kudos