Flex Viewer Framework import in Flash Builder/Flex SDK

Jump to solution
07-26-2013 08:39 AM
ClintonCooper1
New Contributor III
I found this blog entry  (http://esrimobile.blogspot.com/2013/02/arcgis-flex-application-on-adobe-air.html) which shows how you can take a flex viewer setup, import it into Adobe Flash Builder, and turn it into an adobe air app which can then be used for both Android and IOS phones.  My question is this, in the Blog entry it uses the flex viewer framework and the widgets/config files from another pre developed flex viewer app.  You just add the whole thing into Flash Builder through a new project import.  How can I get my widgets/app into this framework so I can upload it into flash builder and build my adobe air apps?  After I follow the configuration from this page (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#//01m30000001q000000), I can see my widgets/config in the bin/debug menu a ways down under the flash builder project name.

Is it just something where I can copy or paste, or is it something where I will need to reconfigure all the src files?

I am using adobe flexviewer 3.4 and adobe flash builder 4.7 premium (with flex sdk 4.6)

Thanks in Advance!

Clinton Cooper
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Clinton,

Nice find... As far as adding other widgets it would be as simple as copying them to the widgets package and adding them to the modules list (as listed in the instructions).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Clinton,

Nice find... As far as adding other widgets it would be as simple as copying them to the widgets package and adding them to the modules list (as listed in the instructions).
0 Kudos
ClintonCooper1
New Contributor III
I am not quite following, where do I add my widgets into this project?  If I understand you correctly, it is just that I add my widgets into this framework and add my operational layers and recompile?

Clinton
0 Kudos
ClintonCooper1
New Contributor III
so I got it all to work (getting my self created widgets and files into this file, and eliminated the original users stuff), and copied it into an adobe air project.  as I am a newbie to all this, what is the next step in testing this adobe app on a phone or visualized environment.  I am brand new to flash builder (small expo in eclipse) and am not sure where to even turn to test.  Thanks!

Clinton
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Clinton,

Like you were informed in the API forum, even though you can get the viewer into an air app, mobile applications do not support Modules and the Viewer is built around modules.
0 Kudos