eSearch widget and relates

05-14-2015 08:54 AM
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I searched and read many things and simply can't find an answer on this.

I know that I can view related tables in eSearch widget, but can I search data within the related tables (relationship class in this case) and therefore select the related feature based on that search using this widget?

thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

You can add the related data (likely a table) as a table in eSearch and then search the table layer and the related data (likely the feature layer) will be zoomed to and selected when using the relates in reverse. Hope that male sense.

EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

That does make sense.  I'll test that out and see if it does what I'm trying to do.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

Well I didn't want to have to ask but I've now spent all afternoon on this and can't even see what you suggested in action because I can't seem to get any results searching on dates.  I apparently just don't have the format right but I don't know what else to try anymore.  Can you tell me how to search on dates?  I'm using SQL geodatabase and the field is the auto-created editor tracking field.

This is what I have currently but have tried tons of things.  I get no errors, just no results.  And I verified that there are some entries in the table to find.  I tried YYYY/MM/DD and appending 00:00:00.  Frustrated!

<values>
  <value prompt="From Date (MM/DD/YYYY)">created_date &gt;= '[value]'</value>
  <value prompt="To Date (MM/DD/YYYY)" operator="AND">created_date &lt;= '[value]'</value>
                    </values>

Suggestions? thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

What is the underlying DB for your Geodatabase (SQL Server, fgdb, Ocacle,etc)?

0 Kudos
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

SQL Server

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

Try this:

<values>
  <value prompt="From Date (MM/DD/YYYY)">BETWEEN created_date '[value] 00:00:00'</value>
  <value prompt="To Date (MM/DD/YYYY)" operator="AND">'[value] 23:59:59'</value>
</values>

If that does not work use this one:

<values>
  <value prompt="From Date (MM/DD/YYYY)">created_date &gt;= '[value] 00:00:00'</value>
  <value prompt="To Date (MM/DD/YYYY)" operator="AND">created_date &lt;= '[value] 23:59:59'</value>
</values>
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

Using between worked!  But it should be "created_date BETWEEN" not the other way around apparently.

I still have to set up relates yet but I'm a step closer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

I believe I have everything set up.  I have eSearch searching a table that is related to a feature class.  It brings back a list and there is an icon for seeing the related record for each record that was found with the search.  Clicking the icon shows the related record and is then zoomed to. 

But I need to select ALL of the related features to everything in the search results so I can display them at once and have them in the datagrid.  One at a time doesn't help.  Is this possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

No that is not an option that I am aware of.