Select to view content in your preferred language

eSearch (3.6.8) joined table on FClass always returns max # records

09-11-2014 12:27 PM
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Hi all -

I'm using the Robert's eSearch widget v. 3.6.8.

I have a feature class with a joined table. Whenever I use the eSearch widget the maximum number of records (n=1000) is returned as if it's selecting everything in the feature class. I know it should only return 3 records based on my search criteria.

The field names in the .xml are set correctly based on the REST service between the two tables:

• Special_Status_Plants_info.SCI_NAME ( type: esriFieldTypeString , alias: SCI_NAME , length: 64 )
  • Special_Status_Plants.PARK_CODE ( type: esriFieldTypeString , alias: PARK_CODE , length: 8 )

The only difference between this feature class and others that are working correctly in the same service is the join.

Any ideas if this is a bug? I'm having trouble navigating the GeoNet site to look around.... And actually - anyone have a beginners guide to how to even use the GeoNet site!?

Many thanks,

Meg

0 Kudos
28 Replies
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Yours works! Will you host my layer...

Meg Peterson

GIS Programmer/Analyst | Planning / Stewardship / GIS Services

East Bay Regional Park District

2950 Peralta Oaks Court, Oakland, CA 94605

Tel: 510-544-2322 | Fax: 510-635-3478

mpeterson@ebparks.org<mailto:mpeterson@ebparks.org> | www.ebparks.org<http://www.ebparks.org/>

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY | This electronic message and any files or attachments transmitted with it may be confidential, privileged, or proprietary information of the East Bay Regional Park District. The information is solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it was intended to be addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that use, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies, and delete it from your system.

P Please consider the environment before you print

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

I just looked at your Rest service and the joined table is listed separately from the FC.

Layers:

Plants (0)

Tables:

Export_Output (1)

My service isn't showing the joined table. Just the two feature classes in the mxd. I'm going to see what's going on on that end.

Meg Peterson

GIS Programmer/Analyst | Planning / Stewardship / GIS Services

East Bay Regional Park District

2950 Peralta Oaks Court, Oakland, CA 94605

Tel: 510-544-2322 | Fax: 510-635-3478

mpeterson@ebparks.org<mailto:mpeterson@ebparks.org> | www.ebparks.org<http://www.ebparks.org/>

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY | This electronic message and any files or attachments transmitted with it may be confidential, privileged, or proprietary information of the East Bay Regional Park District. The information is solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it was intended to be addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that use, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies, and delete it from your system.

P Please consider the environment before you print

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

After adding the table separately to the project, then re-joining to the FC it's still coming up with 1000. Is there a way to compare services since yours is working and mine's not? Thank you...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

In my MXD I just added the two shapefile you sent me and then added the join using the SCI_NAME field. Nothing special. I would suggest narrowing down your issue by making a new MXD with just the layer and table and publish that as a service and see if it works.

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Eureka!

When I export my file geodatabase feature class to a shapefile and join it to the table I get the correct record return! Just like you did.

But as the original feature class it max’s to 1000 records.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

So the question is why does your original FC in the geodatabase have the issue... Does the data have any unusual fields like GUID, RASTER, etc? You said earlier that it does not have a subtype does it have a any coded domains?

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

The feature class has nothing unusual about it – no subtypes, domains, raster etc. Can I send you a subset of data in the file geodatabase via dropbox? Thanks as always.

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Hi Robert -

Any chance I can send you the feature class? Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

Sure send it.

0 Kudos