Select to view content in your preferred language

eSearch (3.6.8) joined table on FClass always returns max # records

09-11-2014 12:27 PM
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Hi all -

I'm using the Robert's eSearch widget v. 3.6.8.

I have a feature class with a joined table. Whenever I use the eSearch widget the maximum number of records (n=1000) is returned as if it's selecting everything in the feature class. I know it should only return 3 records based on my search criteria.

The field names in the .xml are set correctly based on the REST service between the two tables:

• Special_Status_Plants_info.SCI_NAME ( type: esriFieldTypeString , alias: SCI_NAME , length: 64 )
  • Special_Status_Plants.PARK_CODE ( type: esriFieldTypeString , alias: PARK_CODE , length: 8 )

The only difference between this feature class and others that are working correctly in the same service is the join.

Any ideas if this is a bug? I'm having trouble navigating the GeoNet site to look around.... And actually - anyone have a beginners guide to how to even use the GeoNet site!?

Many thanks,

Meg

0 Kudos
28 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

Does your layer or your table have a subtype?

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

No it doesn't. It's a many-to-one join, if that sheds light on anything.

Thanks for the prompt response.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

I have seen this before but I thought that it was associated with a subtype... Can you test your query in the Rest Service Directory page for your layer and see how many results are returned?

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Capture.JPG

Hi Robert -

I was able to query in REST with a record return = 12. I've attached the screen shot of one of the records so you can see if any Field names trigger thoughts.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

Is the data publicly available for me to test?

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

It's not, but I can send you a subset of the data via DropBox. Would that work?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sure that would work

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Hi Robert - I have the file ready in dropbox. My email is mpeterson@ebparks.org

If you can send me a quick email, I can drop you the link (unless there is another way I'm not aware of).

thanks, Meg

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

Once I fixed those issues I mentioned in the XML then I was able to search by SCI_NAME for Fritillaria and get 117 results

0 Kudos