Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nick,

Thanks for the feedback. For the short term fix. make sure that you maximize your App Builder window first, then configure the widget.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida
Occasional Contributor III

I have download and update the Enhanced Search widget version from 3.7 to 3.7.1 for FlexViewer 3.7 now when i click on the binoculars ArcGIS Viewer for flex just turns white. Is there a bug on the 3.7.1? I also could not get the search results window on the bottom of Enhanced Search widget version from 3.7, anything thoughts on why i wasn't getting the search results window?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

Version 3.7 had a bug that prevented the fixed and floating datagrid from displaying results.

I also could not get the search results window on the bottom of Enhanced Search widget version from 3.7

Version 3.7.1 fixed this issue. When you updated from 3.7 to 3.7.1 did you replace both the eSearchWidget.swf and the SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf?

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

Robert thanks for the super fast reply and VERY helpful widget!

I am newbee to flex, i figured i would start off easy and start with just the ArcGIS viewer for Flex Application Builder.

I basically just download the Enhanced Search Widget from here link and click on

Code Attachment  eSearch.zip and download it, then added the widget through Flex Applicaiton Builder, so to answer your question no i have not replaced both .swf files. I am not sure on how to replace these files, where are the files and how and where do i  replace them?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

OK that changes things a lot. In Application builder there is now way to add the Fixed Datagrid using the App Builder GUI. To do that you have to add it manually to the config.xml

So you would look in your flexviewers directory (i.e. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\flexviewers\eSearchGUITest\config.xml) and add this line above the widgetcontainer line.

<widget left="0" right="0" bottom="0" url="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf" config="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.xml"/>

My previous instructions were for non-Appbuilder users. So the next question is how did you upgrade your App Builder to use the 3.7.1 eSearch widget?  You should have gone into the Manage Custom Widgets and deleted the 3.7 version and then added the 3.7.1 and then in your app that uses the eSearch you should have done the same (removed and added back the newer version).

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

I added the line you said to add to the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\flexviewers\New2\config.xml but now once i start the Arcgis Viewer for flex app and click on view the pages just goes blank.

Here is what i edited.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
    <title>ArcGIS Viewer for Flex</title>
    <logo>assets/images/logo.png</logo>
    <style>
        <colors>0xffffff,0x333333,0x101010,0x0,0xffd700</colors>
        <alpha>0.8</alpha>
        <font name="Verdana"/>
        <titlefont name="Verdana"/>
        <subtitlefont name="Verdana"/>
    </style>
    <!-- replace the following url with your own geometryservice -->
    <geometryservice url="https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer"/>
    <widget url="widgets/Navigation/NavigationWidget.swf" config="widgets/Navigation/NavigationWidget.xml" left="10" top="50"/>
    <widget url="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.swf" config="widgets/OverviewMap/OverviewMapWidget.xml" right="0" bottom="0"/>
    <widget url="widgets/MapSwitcher/MapSwitcherWidget.swf" config="widgets/MapSwitcher/MapSwitcherWidget.xml" right="20" top="55"/>
    <widget url="widgets/HeaderController/HeaderControllerWidget.swf" config="widgets/HeaderController/HeaderControllerWidget.xml" left="0" top="0"/>
    <map attributionvisible="true" esrilogovisible="true" openhandcursorvisible="false" scalebarvisible="true" scalebar="default" zoomslidervisible="false" wraparound180="true" addarcgisbasemaps="true" initialextent="-13080415.120714309 5354549.420385569 -12913018.028769707 5448719.839232944" wkid="102100" top="40" portalurl="https://www.arcgis.com/">
        <basemaps>
            <layer type="tiled" label="Streets" copyright="" icon="https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/d8855ee4d3d74413babfb0f41203b168/info/thumbnail/wo..." url="http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Street_Map/MapServer" visible="true"/>
        </basemaps>
        <operationallayers>
            <layer type="feature" label="Tax Parcels" copyright="" url="http://XXXX/arcgis/rest/services/XX/XX/MapServer/0" popupconfig="popups/PopUp_1.xml" mode="onDemand" visible="true"/>
        </operationallayers>
    </map>
    <widget left="0" right="0" bottom="0" url="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf" config="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.xml"/>
    <widgetcontainer layout="float">
        <widget url="widgets/Draw/DrawWidget.swf" config="widgets/Draw/DrawWidget.xml" label="Draw" icon="assets/images/i_draw2.png"/>
        <widget url="widgets/Print/PrintWidget.swf" config="widgets/Print/PrintWidget.xml" label="Print" icon="assets/images/i_print.png"/>
        <widget url="widgets/eSearch/eSearchWidget.swf" config="widgets/eSearch/eSearchWidget_1.xml" label="Enhanced Search Widget" icon="assets/images/i_search.png"/>
    </widgetcontainer>
</configuration>

aI added the 3.7.1 eSearch widget through Arcgis Viewer for Flex's manage custom widgets. actually now that i think about it i believe i clicked on add and selected teh 3.7.1 eSearch widget and a popup asked me if i wanted to replace the 3.7 one.

I have not just deleted the widget in custom widget manager in Arcgis Viewer for flex and re-added the new 3.7.1 and after adding the widget to my map. Once i click on preview the map still goes blank, I tried re-adding the 3.7 and the screen still goes blank...weird.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

I see the issue. I will get it fixed asap and deploy another release.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

Robert,

Sounds good please let me know when its ready for download. I gratefully appreciate all your efforts.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

OK try 3.7.2, now available.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

I viewed the 3.7.2 application and i noticed that the search results table was not populating after i did a search on the Calhoun Parcels, on previous releases they were populated after a search. I tried multiple searches and the search results were not populating.

Would this affect the code attachment eSearch.zip on this page?

Tony

0 Kudos