Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
TerryHiggins
New Contributor II

Do you mean to an outside resource - no. This is just an internal web map on our intranet that I am trying to develop. Do I have to edit this type of change within FlashBuilder and not just editing the xml within the flex viewer application builder? Screen shot shows what I’m getting in the popup if that helps.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Your last post said "This is what I have now – I .....", but didn't see any attachments, so wondered if it was visible outside your firewall.

I don't use the app builder, so not sure.  I  would assume that the capability is there to make these changes.  If not, it would not need FlashBuilder, just a text editor to modify the eSearchWidget.xml (this is what the app builder would modify).

Would have to see your eSearchWidget.xml to try to figure out what is not configured correctly.

R_

You don't have this still set to true do you?

<fields all="false">

0 Kudos
TerryHiggins
New Contributor II

In reading the information on the configuration file it states the chances could be made with the source code – so I should be able just to edit in a text editor as you stated. I have attached the xml.

I really appreciate your assistance on this but won’t be able to work on this any more today. If you come up with some suggestions I would really appreciate it and will work on some more next week. I have a deadline on another project at the moment.

I really appreciate your assistance I am trying really hard to get a handle on this customization.

Terry

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Well, good to see that it is working exactly as configured.  You only have one layer configured in there and it has <fields all="true"> so it was giving you all fields.

Try the attached config file, I have modified it to just put up three fields and list by alias name instead of field name.  also an example of formatting the date field.  (don't need the gridfield in there unless you are using the fixed datagrid also.)

This should get you on the right track, and just add more <field> tags in there as needed.

R_

Also, if you close down the app builder, make the changes to the xml, then look at the config for that widget in app builder again, I suspect it will become clear how/where to make the changes in the builder.  Again, I don't use it, so not sure.

0 Kudos
TerryHiggins
New Contributor II

Thanks – The problem I have when I make these changes is I can’t save them. When I click on OK nothing happens. This forces me to exit out and then I lose what I modified.

0 Kudos
TerryHiggins
New Contributor II

Ok instead of making the edits within Flex Viewer Widget edit I made the changes in the XML and then copied and pasted it into my folder – works slick. Once I made the changes you suggested by doing a copy and paste I am able to go in now and edit through Flexviewer.

I will have to read up on the fixed datagrid. Thanks for the help you definitely got me on track.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Terry,

So are you good now, or do you have any other issues?

0 Kudos
TerryHiggins
New Contributor II

I got that working fine. Curious now I started to work with the Fixed Datagrid. Is there a way you can display a field in the datagrid but not display in the popup?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Terry,

Sure you just add gridfieldonly="true" to that field tag.

0 Kudos
TerryHiggins
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert that was easy enough. This widget is awesome thanks.

0 Kudos