Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
ronaldmcfarlane
Occasional Contributor
Robert:
It appears the problem is with the "Userlist" attribute.  If I remove it from the line, everything else is functional, when I add it back in the eSearch widget window doesn't open.  The line is written as follows: 

Like this it works:
<value prompt="Example: RSAG" >AdvisGrpAcronym = '[value]'</value>
or
<value prompt="Example: RSAG" >upper(AdvisGrpAcronym) = upper('[value]')</value>

Like this it doesn't:
<value prompt="Example: RSAG" userlist="BTSAG,ISAG,RSAG,UPSAG">AdvisGrpAcronym = '[value]'</value>
or
<value prompt="Example: RSAG" userlist="BTSAG,ISAG,RSAG,UPSAG">upper(AdvisGrpAcronym) = upper('[value]')</value>

Any ideas?  Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ronald,

Hmm... Something still seems horribly wrong with your Viewer. I have just tested and TABLES using a userlist attribute in the SearchWidget.xml works just fine. Are you sure you are using the 3.0 Flex Viewer final release and not the pre-release or something?
0 Kudos
ronaldmcfarlane
Occasional Contributor
Robert,
I downloaded Flex 3.0 on 6/14/12 with files dated 6/6/12; just downloaded again and the file dates and times are the same.  I replaced them all anyway; no joy.  I am using the latest posted version of your eSearch widget, but downloaded again and replaced existing; no joy. 
The only difference between the two lines of code is the "Userlist" component (userlist="BTSAG,ISAG,RSAG,UPSAG").  If I paste the userlist text (at left) into a layers attribute line it works; same syntax in a tables attribute line doesn't.

This works:
<value prompt="Example: RSAG" >upper(AdvisGrpAcronym) = upper('[value]')</value>
This don't:
<value prompt="Example: RSAG" userlist="BTSAG,ISAG,RSAG,UPSAG">upper(AdvisGrpAcronym) = upper('[value]')</value>

Thank you for your time and effort.
0 Kudos
EdinZametica
New Contributor
Edin,

Widget positioning has more to do with the whole Flex Viewer than this particular widget. All you need to do is reffer to the Flex Viewer documentation here:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/01m3/01m30000001w000000.htm

Robert,
Widget position - OK
<widget label="Pretraživanje" left="10" bottom="60" preload="open"
                icon="assets/images/i_search.png"
                config="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidget.xml"
                url="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidget.swf"/>

DataGrid, table Search Results remained in the middle of the screen, it should be moved to the plains of the widget.

Photo attached...

Thanks for help.
Edin Z.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Edin,

That is not how I have the Floating datagrid programed... It is a popup and it set to popup in the center of the screen as most popups. There is no configuration to change this and right now I don't have any plans to change this behavior.
0 Kudos
LixinHuang
Occasional Contributor
Robert,

For eSearch Widget 2.5.1.7f, is it possible to set the Buffer fill as hollow in Graphical Search?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lixin,

Not without a change to the code.
0 Kudos
LixinHuang
Occasional Contributor
Robert,

Some of our users are complaining that it is hard to terminate the polyline by double-clicking the mouse left butoon at the end point of the polyline when doing polyline Graphical Search. So is the polygon Seach. Is it a way to solve this issue? Any helps or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lixin,

Nope there is nothing I can do about that it is the API that controls that behavior.
0 Kudos
KenCarrier
Occasional Contributor III
Robert,

I have some users who would like to use the FixedDataGrid. I implemented it using your documentation and it works. Now they are wondering if there is a way to hide the FixedDataGrid when the eSearch widget is not initialized.

I looked through your documentation and I could have missed it but I did not see where this is possible or if it is possible. I am sure someone has asked this before but some of those forum posts are 16 pages or more long.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
0 Kudos