Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sean,

Once you exported it did you move the exported files to your web server or are you just trying to view it from that folder?
0 Kudos
PamShands
New Contributor
I am using version 3.0.17f.  When I set diablelinksifnull="true" it won't show some of the images even though there is data in the field. When I set it to false, it does display the images.  What am I doing wrong?

<configuration>
    <layers>
        <layer>
            <definitionexpression/>
            <enableexport>false</enableexport>
            <name>Park Features</name>
            <url>http://w3.kirkwoodmo.org/kwarcgis/rest/services/Parks/MapServer/3</url>
            <expressions>
                <expression alias="Park Activities" textsearchlabel="" isvaluerequired="false">
                    <values>
                        <value prompt="Choose Park Feature from List" uniquevalsfromfield="Name" isvaluerequired="false">Name = '[value]'</value>
                    </values>
                </expression>
            </expressions>
            <graphicalsearchlabel>Use one of the graphical search tools to select Park</graphicalsearchlabel>
            <spatialsearchlayer>false</spatialsearchlayer>
            <titlefield>Parks</titlefield>
            <fields all="false">
                <field name="Name" alias="Feature"/>
                <field name="PARKNAME" alias="Park"/>
                <field name="Picture" alias="Photo" hyperlinkgridfield="false " visible="true"/>
            </fields>
            <links>
                <link alias="View Photo" diablelinksifnull="false">
                    <![CDATA[http://w3.kirkwoodmo.org/flexviewers/Parks/assets/images/{Picture}.jpg]]>
                    <icon><![CDATA[assets/images/i_camera.png]]></icon>
                </link>
            </links>
0 Kudos
SeanKoenig
New Contributor
Robert,

Technically the files are on the web server (which is loaded on the same machine as ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Viewer for Flex Application Builder).  However, I think (???) my hang-up may have something to do with not having the Web Adapter piece in place.  Even without that piece in place I was able to systematically test some things as long as I was testing within our network.  That is why I was confused when the Esearch function didn't work even though everything else (i.e. viewing the application as designed, seeing data with appropriate scale dependencies, identifying features with your Identify widget, etc.) seemed to work just fine.  But I'm willing to concede that my problems might have something to do with the Web Adapter which is slated to be installed and configured next week.  Perhaps I'll wait until then before losing any more sleep over this...

Thanks,

Sean
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Pam,

I see the issue in the code. Are you using the widgets source code version? I don't put out compiled minor fixes like this for older versions of the widget.
0 Kudos
PamShands
New Contributor
No, I'm not.  I'm using the app builder version.  But thanks.  I appreciate your work and sharing the widget with us all.
0 Kudos
CaseyMcMillin
New Contributor
Robert,

I got the eSearch Widget working thanks to your assitance with the code (thank you very much).  Now I am having a problem with the accuracy of the buffer.  Buffer distances are being applied at roughly 2/3 of the specified distance.  I am wondering if this could be a projection issue? Any ideas?
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Casey,

Look at post #438 of this thread http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/55643-Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer-Part-II?p=277301&viewfu... .

Might be the issue you are running into.

R_
0 Kudos
CaseyMcMillin
New Contributor
Rhett,

Thank you for the reply.  I believe you are correct.  Follow up question: where would I find a list of those codes to know what to put in my for my projection?

Thanks,
Casey
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Can be found here:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/rest/apiref/pcs.html

To find out what you data is in, you can just go to the rest/services directory, click on the feature of interest and see what it lists for Spatial Reference.

R_
0 Kudos
CaseyMcMillin
New Contributor
I have successfully configured hyperlinks in my related table results, but when I click on the link (which successfully opens the link in a new browser tab) my web map view becomes a white screen and most functionality is not responsive.  The web page must be reloaded to get the map back.
Any ideas?
0 Kudos