Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Charmalee,

The spatial reference of the buffer in the eSearch is controlled by the:

<spatialreference>102100</spatialreference>

And the spatial reference of the buffer in the Point buffer widget is controlled by the same tag in its config file:

<spatialReference>102003</spatialReference>

Notice the defaults for these two widgets are different. You need to choose a spatial reference that is best suited for your data.
0 Kudos
CharmaleeSandanayake
New Contributor III
Thanks Robert! Changing the spatial reference to 102001 or 26917 for my area lined the buffer exactly up with the scale bar.
0 Kudos
LisaArnold
New Contributor II
Hello,

I am trying to add the enhanced search widget as a custom widget in the Flex Application Builder. When I try to add it I receive the following error: "Custom widget import failed: Cannot transfer module and widget files to template folders: Error #2038". In searching I haven't found any info on this error. Has anyone else run into this or have any suggestions on how to resolve this? When attempting to add the file, I am adding the zip file inside of the For_AppBuilder3.1.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lisa,

I have NOT seen this and I just tested and could not duplicate your issue.
Are you sure you are using App Builder 3.1?

I thought it might be the standard permissions elevation issue people run into (Where you have to right click on the app builder icon and choose run as Administrator to give it write permission to the inetpub directory), but that did not make a difference as it added the widget for me without elevated permissions.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

A new version is now available.

Version 3.1.11 - 3/2/20123
* Fixed RTE (runtime error) with related data when relate has subtype.
* Graphical search buttons now toggle.
* Applied workaround for Google Chrome datagrid printing blank page issue.
0 Kudos
AdamMcArthur2
New Contributor
Is there a quick way to change the color/opacity of the selection when searching with the widget?

I've only been able to change they symbol within the widget, but not the selection from the widget if that makes sense. I'll keep searching and testing.

Any help is appreciated.

- Adam
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Adam,

I am not sure what you are asking... Can you provide screen shots and use a paint type program to highlight/annotate what you are asking about?
0 Kudos
AdamMcArthur2
New Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22410[/ATTACH]
Adam,

I am not sure what you are asking... Can you provide screen shots and use a paint type program to highlight/annotate what you are asking about?

I apologize for not being succinct in my description before. I attached the screenshot showing what I'm talking about.

Basically, whenever something is highlighted from the esearch widget, I want the highlighting indicator outline to be darker/more opaque. That way the selected parcel sticks out more on the map.

I'm sure this is a simple fix, but I can't seem to find the piece of code that changes this.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Adam,

It appears that you are talking about the 3.0 version of the widget. Is this correct? It will help if you let me know in advance that you are talking about an older version. You can determine the exact version of the widget by holding the Alt key and clicking on the widget title. If you are running a 3.0.x version of the widget and it is not 3.0.17f then you need to redownload the widget.
0 Kudos
AdamMcArthur2
New Contributor
Hello Robert,

I upgraded to the newest version of the widget today (your most recent release), and it solved my issue. If I have any other issues in the future I will be sure to include which version of the widget and flex viewer that I am using.

I appreciate your patience.

Have a good day.
0 Kudos