Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
DerekHunter1
New Contributor II
Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I did do step 3, but I had <!-- UI elements --> as:

<widget left="0"   right="0"   bottom="0" url="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf" config="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.xml"/>

So, I switch url and config locations to:

<widget left="0"   right="0"   bottom="0" config="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.xml" url="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf" />

but made no difference.  I attached a screenshot.

Derek
Derek,

It looks like you missed step 3 in the Enhanced Search Widget Fixed Datagrid.pdf.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Derek,

OK, my bad I see it in the main config.xml now. The issue is that you have no fields setup to go to the datagrid.

<layer>
            <definitionexpression></definitionexpression>
            <enableexport>true</enableexport>
            <name>Rough Rider Corridor</name>
            <url>http://ArcGIS:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Test/Test/MapServer/3</url>
            <expressions>
                <expression alias="Pipeline Name" textsearchlabel="Search Pipelines by Name...">
                    <values>
                        <value prompt="Example: 31Bugs" userlist="31Bugs,42nd Buford,48Jackson,52Boots,52Delrome,52Ox,52Pyramid,
                        54Borsheim,56Sukut,57Strand,58Arnson,62Irgens,62Kalil,62Sam,64BCD,Abe,Aune,Aune-Savage,Bennett,Charbon,East Fork,
                        East Main 1,East Main 2,East Main 3,Green,Knoshaug 14-11-1H,Lucy Hanson,Marcia and Jake,Missouri,Mrachek,North-South Main,
                        Olson 20-29,Papineau,Patent Gate,Rangeland,Rose,Russell-Irwin,Sjol,South Alexander,State 36-1,Timber Creek,Trenton Anderson,
                        Trenton Oil,Trenton Water Line">SEGMENT_NAME LIKE '%[value]%'</value>
                    </values>
                </expression>
            </expressions>
            <graphicalsearchlabel>Use one of the graphical search tools to select Pipelines</graphicalsearchlabel>
            <spatialsearchlayer>true</spatialsearchlayer>
            <titlefield>SEGMENT_NAME</titlefield>
            <fields all="false"><!-- Notice I had to remove the closing slash from here -->
                <field name="ANC" alias="ANC" visible="false" gridfield="true"/>
                <field name="SEGMENT_NAME" alias="Pipeline Name" visible="false" gridfield="true"/>
                <field name="PROJECT_NUMBER" alias="Project Number" visible="false" gridfield="true"/>
                <field name="Shape.STLength()" alias="Length" visible="false" gridfield="true"/>
            </fields>
            <links/>
            <zoomscale usegeometry="true" zoompercent="2"></zoomscale>
            <autoopendatagrid>true</autoopendatagrid>
            <queryattachments>false</queryattachments>
            <relates/>
            <symbology>
                <simplefillsymbol color="0x0000ff" alpha="0.5">
                    <outline color="0x00ffff" alpha="0.8" width="2" />
                </simplefillsymbol>
            </symbology>
        </layer>
0 Kudos
DerekHunter1
New Contributor II
Thanks so much.
0 Kudos
AdamMcArthur2
New Contributor
I've deployed the widget and everything appears to be working just fine.

My only problem right now is when I use the "print" button, the resulting dialog is blank and nothing appears. Have you encountered this issue before and do you know of any fixes?

Attached is my config file.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
GeraldLee__GISP
Occasional Contributor
Gerald,

This is very strange indead... I have watched the query that is sent to the server through Fiddler and can see the issue is the outfields has "PARCEL_TYPE" tacked on to the end of the outfields list and I have gone though my code top to bottom and examined the FeatureLayers outfields and the Querys outfields and can not find where that is coming from. So My next step is attempt to reproduce this issue just using the Flex API and if I can, then submit a bug to the API Team.

Robert,Anthony
Just a follow up about this issue. Here's where it stands"

{Gerald,

Thanks for speaking with me.  To recap, this is a bug with the Flex 3.1 application:

[#NIM083086  Flex Viewer Search widget fails when used on a map service layer containing a feature class with a subtype field and a join to another feature class or table. ]

If you have a subtype and join within the same layer in a service, the search widget will not work.

I�??ve attached this incident to the bug, and you can check on the status of the bug by going to the My Support page and clicking on the Bugs tab.

My Support:
http://support.esri.com/en/login

The workarounds are to remove the join or remove the subtype.

To remove the subtype, go into the properties of the feature class in Catalog  > Subtypes tab > and for Subtypes Field, choose None.  This will remove the subtype.

I'll close this incident at this time but if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.  You can reach me by replying to this email or calling the support line at 888-377-4575 and referencing incident #1123036.

Regards,
Jon Q.}
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Adam,

Are you using Google Chrome?... If you Google "Google Chrome Print Issues" you will find Lots of issues that Chrome has with their print preview feature.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Gerald,

Thanks for the update and NIM#. I have also reported it to the API Team and it is an ArcGIS Server issue and not an API Issue so it will probably have a much longer turn around to get get fixed.
0 Kudos
AdamMcArthur2
New Contributor
Adam,

Are you using Google Chrome?... If you Google "Google Chrome Print Issues" you will find Lots of issues that Chrome has with their print preview feature.

Robert,

You were spot on. Tried the viewer in IE and was successful.

From now on I'm going to test everything in multiple browsers.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

A new version is available:

Version 3.1.10 - 2/26/2013
* Changed appearance of multiple expressions to have an alternating background color so they are
  easy to distinguish for one another.
* Fixed potential bug with buffering by adding spatial reference to buffer request. (thanks Anthony)
* Fixed RTE (runtime error) with Apply Buffer before a search is performed.
* Documented useproxy for layers.
0 Kudos
CharmaleeSandanayake
New Contributor III
I am using the enhanced search widget to create a parcel notification tool. It works great but after a bit of testing with the 3.0 version I noticed a potential issue with the buffer. When I use the select by point tool and buffer the graphic for 2 miles the resulting circle graphic is smaller than the one created when I use the point buffer tool at the same distance of 2 miles. The same thing happens in this sample with the newest tool:

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer3.1/index.html?config=config-eSearch.xml&esearch=2&slayer=3&e...

The attachment may clarify what I mean.
Is there a way to get the buffer distances the same?
Thanks
0 Kudos