Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dan,

You need to add
gap="-1"
to the SearchExpValueItem.mxml file at the very begining of the file in the VGroup.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Can you have more than one uniquevaluesfromfield within expressions?  I can't get it to work in the 3.1 version.

John,

Are you pulling the service from a 9.3.1 AGS? 
I don't see it in the pdf anywhere, but if I remember correctly, the uniquvaluesfromfield requires a parameter that didn't exist until server 10.

R_
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rhett,

You are correct in the fact that ArcGIS Server 10 or greater is need for the uniquvaluesfromfield to work. I will add that requirement to the documentation for the next release.
0 Kudos
MattPohl
Occasional Contributor II
All,

New version available:

Version 3.1.9 - 2/19/2013
* autoopendatagrid is now honored by the fixed datagrid as well as the floating datagrid.
* Drop down lists no longer initializes with no item selected as they did in versions 3.1.7 & 8

Robert-

Thanks for adding this to the new release. I am able to get the first item to work (autoopendatagrid), but still cannot get a drop down to auto populate. Is this addition referring to this Post?

The code I am using is listed below (partial)
<expressions>
 <expression alias="Students" textsearchlabel="Choose All to select every student in that category:" isvaluerequired="false">
   <values>  
    <value prompt="Grade:" userlist="All,K,1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th" isvaluerequired="false" autosubmit="false">Grade = '[value]'</value>
    <value prompt="Race:" userlist="All,American Indian,Asian,Hispanic,Black,White" isvaluerequired="false" autosubmit="false" operator="AND">Race = '[value]'</value>
    <value prompt="Gender:" userlist="All,Male,Female" isvaluerequired="false" autosubmit="false" operator="AND">Gender = '[value]'</value>
    <value prompt="Free or Reduced Lunch:" userlist="All,Yes,No" isvaluerequired="false" autosubmit="false" operator="AND">FRL = '[value]'</value>
    <value prompt="Special Ed:" userlist="All,Yes,No" isvaluerequired="false" autosubmit="false" operator="AND">SpecEd = '[value]'</value>
   </values>
 </expression>

</expressions>

When I use this, I still get blank drop downs when the widget opens. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks Robert,

Matt
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Matt,

Perhaps you have something else wrong in the config?

I copy/paste your expressions in the eSearchWidget.xml and they populate the dropdown list just fine.

R_
0 Kudos
DanMiller
New Contributor
Dan,

You need to add
gap="-1"
to the SearchExpValueItem.mxml file at the very begining of the file in the VGroup.

Hi Robert,

That helped but didn't fully resolve it since the first Text example description seemed to have different spacing than the rest of the text examples and their input boxes.  Here are the code changes I made that fixed it:

In file: eSearchWidget.mxml:
Added: gap="20"
in
<s:VGroup id="searchGroup" width="100%" paddingTop="3" paddingBottom="3" gap="20" >
        <Search:SearchExpValueItem width="100%" wTemplateWidth="{wTemplate.width}" />
</s:VGroup> 

In file: SearchExpValueItem.mxml:
Added: gap="-1"
in
<s:VGroup xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" 
   xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark" 
   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
   width="100%" horizontalAlign="center"
   creationComplete="init(event)"
   gap="-1" >

and
Added: paddingBottom="10"
in
<s:RichEditableText id="prompt" text="{_prompt}" paddingLeft="2" paddingBottom="10" selectable="true" editable="false" tabEnabled="false"
tabFocusEnabled="false"/>
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II
Robert,

Whilst upgrading our applications from server 9.3.1 to 10.1 I have noticed a difference in how the geometry services handles requests that do not specify an output spatial reference when using srs 4326

On a 9.3.1 and 10 server it returns the result in 4326:

http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer/buffer?geometries...

On 10.1 it returns the result in what I presume is web mercator

http://serverapps101.esri.com/arcgis/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer/buffer?geometries=%7B%0D%...

If you provide an output sr it's fine:

http://serverapps101.esri.com/arcgis/rest/services/Geometry/GeometryServer/buffer?geometries=%7B%0D%...

Why am I mentioning this? Well it stops the apply buffer to search from working when using a geographic projection, I corrected it by setting the output SR on the bufferparameters to map.spatialreference.

Not sure if you have picked up on this, hope all makes sense,

Love all the enhancements your are making

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Anthony,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I will include the OutSR in my buffer requests in the next release.
0 Kudos
DerekHunter1
New Contributor II
Robert,

I have configured this widget multiple times, but must have been out of the loop too long and therefore am missing something.  I reviewed the readme, etc, but cannot get the fixed datagrid to populate.  I'd like it to populate and the search result popup to not appear.  My configs are attached...if you have any time to discuss.

Thanks as always for your valuable time.

Derek
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Derek,

It looks like you missed step 3 in the Enhanced Search Widget Fixed Datagrid.pdf.
0 Kudos