Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
DanMiller
New Contributor
Hey Robert and devs,

How hard would it be to include the locator widget into this as a tab?  For example, search for a location by zip/fips/state etc, pick a layer, and then get the results based off of that?  Is there an easy way to do this?  I'm still trying out how to configure this.

Thanks,
Dan
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michelle,

Yes Version 3.1.8 is the latest. I have 3.1.9 in the works but I am not sure if these bug fixes/changes warrant a release yet:

Version 3.1.9

• autoopendatagrid is now honored by the fixed datagrid as well as the floating datagrid.

• Drop down lists no longer initialize with no item selected as they did in versions 3.1.7 & 8.

• Handle IN SQL statements in expressions and automatic single quoting of values if expression is expecting strings.

• Fixed escaping of single quotes in user values if more than one exist (i.e. O'Malley and O'Leary Inc).

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Dan,

How hard would it be to include the locator widget into this as a tab?:confused:
If you are talking about adding geocode service capability (i.e. locator widget type functionality) into this widget then I would have to say probably not going to happen. I am attempting to maintain the true intent of this widget (a search widget). The code base for this widget is already larger than any publicly available widget out there and is getting hard to test all of the different configuration possibilities that currently exist. I am in the process of developing an Enhanced Locator widget that I could make to have a tie in with the eSearch, like I do with the eDraw and Point Buffer Widget. If you are looking for the ability to locate and address and then use the eSearch to search based on that location point, then that is a possibility.
0 Kudos
MichelleKinseth
New Contributor II
I just realized that I neglected to mention an important customization to the widget that I think may be part of my issue/problem. I programmed the widget to default to uncheck the multi-part graphic search on launch. In using the sample viewer for eSearch, I noticed that if I unchecked the multipart feature box and then use the graphical search I get the same behavior I explained in my post above.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michelle,

Are you saying you actually made code changes or you just used the configuration tag for this?
<multipartgraphicsearch>false</multipartgraphicsearch>

I tested by setting the configuration as above, disabled text,spatial and allowed the URL search to select some layer, changed the search layer, choose a graphical selection tool and selected some features and it all worked fine.

Is there some step that I am missing from what you are doing?
0 Kudos
MichelleKinseth
New Contributor II
Michelle,

Are you saying you actually made code changes or you just used the configuration tag for this?
<multipartgraphicsearch>false</multipartgraphicsearch>

I tested by setting the configuration as above, disabled text,spatial and allowed the URL search to select some layer, changed the search layer, choose a graphical selection tool and selected some features and it all worked fine.

Is there some step that I am missing from what you are doing?

yes, I made that change in my config and I've also turned the multipart check box visibility to false (added the parameter) in the spark section of the eSearch mxml. It's not an option for users of my viewer.

...and it seems it's still a problem on my end. I wasn't changing the search layer in the sample viewer when testing, and I see now that if I change the layer it works (but that logic doesn't translate to my viewer).
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michelle,

OK, Can you send me your URL parameters (i.e. &esearch=COMMERCIAL&slayer=0&exprnum=3)?

Here is my test steps:

1. disabled text,spatial buttons (I don't think the visible="false" setting on the spark checkbox is significant for this test).

2. set multipartgraphicsearch = false

3. set the URL search to search some feature in the first layer using the 4th expression

4. Using the same layer that was used by the URL search I choose a graphical selection tool and selected some features.

and  it all worked fine.
0 Kudos
MichelleKinseth
New Contributor II
Michelle,

OK, Can you send me your URL parameters (i.e. &esearch=COMMERCIAL&slayer=0&exprnum=3)?

Here is my test steps:

1. disabled text,spatial buttons (I don't think the visible="false" setting on the spark checkbox is significant for this test).

2. set multipartgraphicsearch = false

3. set the URL search to search some feature in the first layer using the 4th expression

4. Using the same layer that was used by the URL search I choose a graphical selection tool and selected some features.

and  it all worked fine.

my url search parameter = ?esearch=ANTI_MD-02140501_POTOMAC%20RIVER_NON-TIDAL%208-DIGIT%20WATERSHED

I'm not searching using any expressions, just a straight match of an unique ID in the map service's attribute table.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michelle,

Just so that you know if you do not specify a slayer and/or a exprnum then my code just default to searching the first layer in the eSearchWidget.xml and using the first expression setup for that layer.  So what you are doing is shorthand for this

esearch=ANTI_MD-02140501_POTOMAC RIVER_NON-TIDAL 8-DIGIT WATERSHED&slayer=0&exprnum=0
0 Kudos
MichelleKinseth
New Contributor II
Michelle,

Just so that you know if you do not specify a slayer and/or a exprnum then my code just default to searching the first layer in the eSearchWidget.xml and using the first expression setup for that layer.  So what you are doing is shorthand for this

esearch=ANTI_MD-02140501_POTOMAC RIVER_NON-TIDAL 8-DIGIT WATERSHED&slayer=0&exprnum=0

Sorry - yes, I do know. The first layer in the config is the one being searched so I just don't include those parameters in the url
0 Kudos