Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Gerald,

This is very strange indead... I have watched the query that is sent to the server through Fiddler and can see the issue is the outfields has "PARCEL_TYPE" tacked on to the end of the outfields list and I have gone though my code top to bottom and examined the FeatureLayers outfields and the Querys outfields and can not find where that is coming from. So My next step is attempt to reproduce this issue just using the Flex API and if I can, then submit a bug to the API Team.
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II
Sorry my mistake you have linked your feature class to a table in arcmap. Have you tried removing the linked table and see if it works

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
GeraldLee__GISP
Occasional Contributor
When I remove the joined table, all works as expected. This is what i tried without the join: works fine.. i thought about leaving it as <fields all="true"> and just commenting "visible='false' to fields i dont want. But there's probably about 75 fields. and even if i did that, All fields still appear in the infowindows  🙂

<layer>
            <definitionexpression></definitionexpression>
            <enableexport>true</enableexport>
            <enableprintgrid>true</enableprintgrid>
            <name>Parcels</name>
            <url>http://maps3.murfreesborotn.gov/mboro/rest/services/GIS/PARCELSONLY/MapServer/0</url>
            <expressions>
                <expression alias="GISLINK" textsearchlabel="Search by Parcel GISLINK Number:">
                    <values>
                        <value prompt="Example: 091N C 00900">GISLINK = '[value]'</value>
                    </values>
                </expression>
                 </expressions>
            <graphicalsearchlabel>Use one of the graphical search tools to select a Parcel</graphicalsearchlabel>
            <spatialsearchlayer>true</spatialsearchlayer>
            <titlefield>GISLINK</titlefield>
             <fields all="false">
                <field name="GISLINK" visible="true" gridfield="true" />
                <field name="STREETNO" alias="STREET NUMBER" visible="true" gridfield="true"/>
                <field name="STREETNAME" alias="STREET NAME" visible="true" gridfield="true" />
             </fields>
            <links/>
            <zoomscale usegeometry="true" zoompercent="1.6" />
            <autoopendatagrid>true</autoopendatagrid>
            <relates />
            <queryattachments>false</queryattachments>
        </layer>
0 Kudos
ChrisA
by
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,
Same file attached, my test search is there but not enabled.  I cannot type anything in the box.  Is there a setting I'm missing. I tried <textsearchlayer>true</textsearchlayer> but that does not seem to make a difference.

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Chris,

I am traveling right now so I can not give you specifics but looking at your configuration you are trying to use an old the old format for your search expression. You need to look at the documentation as it should be (something like):

<expressions>
    <expression>
        <values>
            <value></value>
        </values>
    </expression>
</expressions>
0 Kudos
ChrisA
by
New Contributor III
Thanks for the direction.  You were right again !
0 Kudos
GeraldLee__GISP
Occasional Contributor
Gerald,

This is very strange indead... I have watched the query that is sent to the server through Fiddler and can see the issue is the outfields has "PARCEL_TYPE" tacked on to the end of the outfields list and I have gone though my code top to bottom and examined the FeatureLayers outfields and the Querys outfields and can not find where that is coming from. So My next step is attempt to reproduce this issue just using the Flex API and if I can, then submit a bug to the API Team.

I thought I would try and remove that field (PARCEL_TYPE) from the service and republish but I still get same error.
I thought this Parcel search by owner name and link number would be a 5 minute deal tops. 
Update: After further investigation, I see that this fieldtype is numeric inside its arcmap attribute table properties but when I look at its domain properties, it's setup with field type "Text".  Let me see if i can get someone to fix that first before anyone wastes more of their time..

Thanks again. i appreciate all help.
0 Kudos
PhilipSlater
New Contributor III
Hi Robert -

I am still running your esearch widget for flex viewer 2.5, and seem to be running into an authentication error when accessing the search results page from an esearch.  I have Integrated Windows Authentication turned on in IIS, and the user can access the Flex viewer as a      whole without entering credentials (they are passed automatically) but after the user performs a search they are forced to enter credentials.  The correct credentials do not provide access however.  This happens though out our intranet setup, and just want to verify that there is not something I   am missing within the widget itself.  I am not able to replicate the error on any machine I am logged into, but I have elevated permissions.  If I enter my credentials on their machines I am still unable to authenticate.

Any help would be appreciated and if you need a couple screen shots please let me know.  Thanks for your thoughts and opinions on this.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Philip,

This widget never made any claims to work with authentication until some of the latest versions for 3.1. I do not know even if my latest 3.1 version will work with authentication in the way you have it setup. Currently Token based authetication is the only type supported beside proxy server.
0 Kudos
BobSolley
New Contributor
Robert, in previous forum posts you suggest that it's possible to pass into the esearch widget multiple values as a search parameter (see posts below).

I've updated the selection statement in the config file using the SQL IN "PLOT IN (['value'],['value'])" and used the URL string "index.html?config=test_bob.xml&slayer=0&exprnum-0&esearch=7SFG,I-27" to pass in the values.

I can see the values passed in the text search box, but in will not search for the 2 values.

Not sure what I'm missing here, or is it not possible to pass in multiple parameters via URL string?

thx bob
0 Kudos