Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
EdinZametica
New Contributor
Edin,

So your enhancement request is that the fixed data grid would show itself when a search is exectuted and remain visible until the user mouses over and then out?

Robert,

Respect,
That's there

Edin Z.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Gabriel,

Bug with the label being ignored is fixed for next release (thanks for reporting this).

1. No there is way to much code in the widget that does the sizing of the inputs and autoscrolling when you tab to another input etc. You can define the widgets size and that is a basic (all widgets) configuration of adding the width and height attributes to the widget in the main config.xml in the widget tag.

2. I will add this as an enhancement request. Currently there are checks made to ensure all fields are filled before executing the search. The draw back to this being changed is that the search will no longer be able to be triggered by pressing the enter key as I will not know if the user pressed enter unintentionally or not.

3. I don't have knowledge of the background sanitizing processes done by ArcGIS Server or if any even exists. But when you define the SQL in the xml you limit what SQL injection could occur.

0 Kudos
Gabriel_J_Ortiz_Rico
New Contributor II
Thank you Robert. The problem is that in spite that you define the SQL statement in the XML, there are a number of techniques to append another actions to such predefined SQL by the use of different characters (one of the most resourceful is the use of ; ) This is the basis of the SQL injections, actually.

My asking perhaps should have to be diverted to another part of the forums, but it is interesting to consider this aspect. With this new technology we often expose information led by the huge possibilities and often we don't give a thought to the hidden hazards.
0 Kudos
JORGELAGOS2
New Contributor
Jorge,

There is no way to completely hide the relates tab if you are using the fixed datagrid. There is the disablerelatestabinfixed attribute on the floatorfixed element as covered by the documentation.
<floatorfixed disablerelatestabinfixed="true">fixed</floatorfixed>

Hello robert thanks that did it. Now, is there any way to do a eSearch that will return all the values on a layer? I have a field named ProjectNumber. I would like to have all the Projects returned so later I can display them in the datagrid from where I can sort and access them?

I am partially accomplishing this with the regular Query widget which allow me to query 1=1 to obtain all the records but I really would like to access them from the datagrid.

Thanks

Jorge
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Hi Robert,

Since this seems to be the latest "enchancement" thread for esearch, I have one for you.

The autofit columns to data in the fixed DG is a great feature.  However, it seems that it will only autofit to the column width of the attribute data, and not the column heading itself.  For some of my fields, I have a longer field name than any of the data so the column sizes itself to where the column name doesn't fit.  I can add extra spaces to the end of the field in the config.xml to "fudge" it, so there is a simple workaround as long as my column heading is at least as long as my shortest attribute.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17138[/ATTACH]

Would be slick if the autofit included the column heading length as well.

R_
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

New version available:

Version 3.0.7 - 8/21/2012
* Tab labels are now configurable in the Fixed data grid (use the SearchWidgetFixedDG.xml).
* Fixed nobufferoutlincolor label being ignored in the eSearchWidget.xml
* Fixed show and hide animation on Fixed Datagrid.
* Fixed datagrid (if autohide) will show when a search is executed and hide with results are cleared.
* If multi field expressions are used, now all fields DO NOT have to be filled.
* Fixed PopUp Attachment Issue.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rhett,

Version 3.0.7 should work better with the column label size issue you were seeing.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Great, I will give it a go.

Also, when using the float DG, is there a configure/change somewhere to determine where the floating DG opens up?  By default, it seems to open in the center of the screen, which is also where the zoom to and showHighlight is, so it covers it up.  Have to manually move the float DG off to the side every time to see the popup and selected feature.

Thanks again,

R_
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jorge,

Just the way you did it in the QueryWidget just use 1=1 in the expression for the eSearch.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rhett,

Nope that is not configurable. And it is not on my list either, but I will consider it.
0 Kudos