Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
SaraRoth
Emerging Contributor
Thanks for the help! I had changed the file name to "EnhancedSearch". Switching the name to what it was originally fixed the problem.
0 Kudos
EmilyLaMunyon
Deactivated User
Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to perform one search that would query multiple layers/rest services at one time using this widget.

For example, I want to search for an address that would return results from multiple layers/rest services/tables.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

😄
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Emily,

There is currently no support for querying multiple layers using this widget.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

There is a new version out.

Version 2.4.0.7.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
0 Kudos
SaraRoth
Emerging Contributor
When I changed the default text of the bufferLabel in my Search Widget XML file, there was no change when I opened up my web app. It still said "apply a search distance". However, when I changed the default text for the searchlayerlabel, it worked fine. Any ideas of what is causing this error?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sara,

There is an case error in the SearchWidget.xml the bufferLabel in the XML file should be bufferlabel all lower case

So it should look like this:

<bufferlabel>apply a search distance:</bufferlabel>

I will get this corrected in the download.
0 Kudos
EmilyLaMunyon
Deactivated User
I am curious if it is possible to have something similar to the following using the linkfield in the esearch widget? This is the syntax I used in the popup code, but would like to achieve the same thing using the esearch widget, where multiple fields are concatenated to pass a parameter to the browser?

<![CDATA[<a href="http://surveyor.slco.org/gis/map/map_search/mrs_test.cfm?mrspoint={POINT_NAME}&lat={LATITUDE_DD}&long={LONGITUDE_DD}">View Mon. Ref Sheet</a>]]>

Thanks!:)
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Emily,

Nope... Not currently but this seems like a good Idea I will add it to the wish list.
0 Kudos
AndyWhitley
Emerging Contributor
Robert,
I tried posting this comment on your 2.4 esearch widget page but my messages kept getting cut off.  I figured out my issue regarding my post the other day on labels.  It was a mistake on my end and the <fields all= needed to be set to true instead of false!  Thanks for this widget and the documentation.
0 Kudos
EmilyLaMunyon
Deactivated User
Thanks for the information Robert!!

I know you are busy, but that would be great to have in the esearch widget because then the link would appear in the table and be easily accessed by the user.

I appreciate all you do:D
0 Kudos