Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
GladwinHenry
New Contributor
Good afternoon Robert.
First of let me say that your widget are great. I use the enhanced Search widget the most. In comparing the standard search widget to the enhanced search widget I notice that the standard search widget has added the variable "useUTC' to the msToDate function. My question is will you be updating msToDate function to include the useUTC function in the enhanced search widget.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Gladwin,

Sure, I added it to the next release and updated the Enhanced Search Widget XML Configuration.pdf to explain what it does and how to use it.

Thanks for pointing that one out.
0 Kudos
GladwinHenry
New Contributor
Thank you for your quick response.. Keep up the great work on your widgets
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Frequent Contributor
Robert,

I was trying to search the forums for this, but haven't found it.  I have implemented 2.4 eSearch and passing URL parameter.  Upon Searching, it finds the feature, but doesn't zoom to it.  Is there something else I need to do.  Also, I'm looking for the spot in the code to replace "search" with another variable, can you point me to that?

Thanks for all your help, so much easier than when we went through this in the 1.3 version.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lee,

Find these lines in the init function of the SearchWidget.mxml:

if(ViewerContainer.urlConfigParams.search != null){
                    callLater(queryFromURL,[ViewerContainer.urlConfigParams.search,ViewerContainer.urlConfigParams.slayer,ViewerContainer.urlConfigParams.exprnum]);
                }

As far as the not zooming. You got me there as I have not been able to duplicate that issue.
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Frequent Contributor
OK, thanks for that info.  I also noticed that I have the datagrid set to fixed and upon passing the parameter when the search is successful, the datagrid is not populated with the information.  I haven't made any modifications to the source code except changing a spelling error on lines 2518, 2522 (available) and making the datagrid size 150 instead of 200 (fixedDG). http://gis.snco.us/publicgisApps/PropertySearch/index.html?PRCL_ID=1093104001003000
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lee,

OK, I see the issue and have it is resolved, you need to get version 2.4.0.5
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Frequent Contributor
Got it!  Thanks.  I had the zoomscale set to <zoomscale usegeometry="true"/> but changed it to <zoomscale usegeometry="false">5000</zoomscale> and everything behaves as expected.
0 Kudos
SaraRoth
Emerging Contributor
I am having an issue with the Apply Buffer icon not showing up correctly. I copied the contents of the assets/images eSearch folder to my project�??s assets/images folder. Is there a step I missed? I have attached an image of what the issue looks like.

Thanks,
Sara
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sara,

The assets/images folder stays in the eSearch folder you should not have to do anything. Flex is case sensitive did you copy the eSearch folder (with the capital S) to your projects widgets folder?
0 Kudos