Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
philippschnetzer
Frequent Contributor
That's what I had...but copied and pasted what you just posted to make sure...still getting same result...???  Using your latest eSearch 2.1.1.  At a loss.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Philipp,

I just thought of what your issue might be and I believe I need to modify the code to make this more intuitive. You likely have more than one graphic drawn and that is the issue. Currently the widget only work with a single graphic drawn by the draw widget not multiple.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sam,

I am working on the issue you found. Fix one thing and break another (that's a programmer life).
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
OK All,

Next version 2.1.2 is available and fixes all reported issues and now allows for numeric and currency formatting.
0 Kudos
xandermavrides
Emerging Contributor
When applying a filter during a spatial search is it necessary to type in a valid query statement?

For example, I'd like to search for crimes in a particular ward. I have a WardID field with ward numbers. To apply the filter I must type WardID = 18 for the where statement.

Is it possible to configure a default in the config file so users would only have to enter a ward number?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Xander,

My thoughts on that is that a standard user is not likely to be using the spatial query. It is more for the advanced user and not limiting the where clause to something predefined is much more powerful.
0 Kudos
xandermavrides
Emerging Contributor
Makes sense. 

One last question:

What line number do we add
graphicsLayer.name = "myGraLay";
graphicsLayer.id = "myGraLay";

What is this for?

Again, thanks and great work. It is much appreciated.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Xander,

Those lines are for interaction between the Draw Widget and the Enhanced Search Widget. The line number that you place those on depends on whether or not you are using my enhanced draw widget or the standard esri one. If you are using my latest enhanced draw widget 2.1.1 than there is no need to do anything if you are using esri's then you need to put them in the DrawWidget.mxml in the init function right after

graphicsLayer = new GraphicsLayer;
0 Kudos
SamBishop
Deactivated User
Thanks Robert.  I'm not sure the latest release has fixed the missing hyperlinks totally - it doesn't look like the field alias is being displayed in the datagrid and the hyperlinkaliastext attribute is being ignored - I'm seeing "Get Hyperlink" instead.  Also I have found that if gridfieldonly="false" is defined in the field tag the field is not shown in the search widget itself (not a huge issue as it is the default and deleting it makes things better again).

And thanks for all the work you are putting into this - it really is appreciated!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sam,

I am not seeing what you are then... if you go here

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/IdentExample/index.html?config=config-eSearch.xml

and choose Traffic Cameras from the text search combobox and type i-71 and then open the datagrid the hyperlink alias text of "Get Traffic Image" is displayed just like is setup in the xml file.
0 Kudos