Select to view content in your preferred language

Dynamic Legend Widget - Little inconsistent quark

09-18-2014 05:51 AM
RayCrew
Occasional Contributor II

I am using version 3.6 of the Dynamic Legend Widget with the Flex Viewer version 3.6.5. It was perfect through all testing using 10.11 services. I am now testing it with 10.22 services and have noticed two odd and very intermittent inconsistencies.

First, usually the drawing order is as expected, but occasionally it will load in the opposite order. And this opposite applies to both the order of layers and the order of the symbology classes. 

Second, occasionally it will increase the size of the representative symbols. It will  load with squares twice the size of normal.

It is so uncommon to see the errors I have not captured a screen shot yet. Sometimes they happen together some times separately. I have only seen it in IE 9.0.8, but have not done much testing with other browsers.  A refresh will usually cure it. My confiq file is very simple and below.

<configuration>

<excludeLayers>

<excludeLayer mapservice="Query">0</excludeLayer>

<excludeLayer mapservice="Query">1</excludeLayer>   

<excludeLayer mapservice="Query">2</excludeLayer>

</excludeLayers>

<excludeGraphicLayers>true</excludeGraphicLayers>

<excludebasemaplayers>true</excludebasemaplayers>

</configuration>

Any ideas? Should I report it is a bug?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Raymond,

This is going to be really tough to diagnose as it is intermittent and I don't have a PC with IE 9 on it anymore...

RayCrew

I was just able to get it to show in Firefox 24.7 as well. Also got a screen shoot. The left one is the reversed order, the right one is the normal order. I tried browser refresh, restart with cache cleared, using IE instead of Firefox without it reverting to the correct order. Then I went and got coffee and when I returned it was back to normal. This time is was just reordering the layers and not the symbols.

both.JPG

0 Kudos
RayCrew

Further information on this. I have also noticed it during testing with the 10.11 generated services. I now suspect it is a bug of the widget regardless of the service's version.

0 Kudos
RayCrew

I have also checked to see if the REST service's Legend were being reversed. They are no in the cases I could reproduce, logical, since sometimes it is just not a single service being reversed but the order of multiple services being reversed. 

I going to assume there is no cure nor fix for this and it is just a permanent bug in the Flex Viewer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Raymond,

It is a bug in the widget that is only seen when one or more of the map services that are used, respond slowly and throws off the layer ordering. I don't see me finding time to address this bug anytime soon.

0 Kudos