Data Extract Widget creates incorrect URL for output.zip download.

09-15-2014 01:08 AM
JanetRogers
Occasional Contributor II

Plenty of questions have been asked about problems in downloading the output.zip file  but I couldn't find any solutions particular to my problem. I would be happy for someone to point it out to me if I had missed it.  Anyway, if not:

The Flex Data Extract widget (out of the box) is working correctly up to the very end point when it requests somewhere to save the output.zip file.  The output files to be zipped are being saved in the Arcgisjobs folder on the server:

...\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisjobs\lor\extractlpdata_gpserver\j638d8ad3a19a4d9e95a83752887dbcf0\scratch\scratch.gdb\output.zip\zipfolder

When the output Save task is being called, it would appear from reading the passed data in Fiddler that the server is trying to work from here and I get an Invalid URL error.

GET http://maps.xxx.com/arcgis/rest/directories/arcgisjobs/lor/extractlpdata_gpserver/j638d8ad3a19a4d9e9...

So somewhere along the line it is adding "rest" to the URL, and I am not sure where the "arcgis/rest" substitutes for "arcgisserver".

ArcGIS server set up is not my area of expertise, so please bear with me if there is some information missing.  The only other thing I can think of is whether these setting are correct in the ArcGIS server Manager -->Site -> Directories

Jobs      H:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisjobs

Output     H:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput

I would appreciate any ideas that may help me solve this problem.

Janet Rogers

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JanetRogers
Occasional Contributor II

HI all,

I was a bit off-track with my previous question-the URL is correct. 

The problem seems to be coming down to the creation/saving of the zip file.  I can see in the arcgis jobs folder on the Server that the data is correctly extracted.  If I add a dummy output.zip file, then the URL created by the URL does work.

https://maps.globalskm.com/arcgis/rest/directories/arcgisjobs/lor/extractlpdata_gpserver/je9dfabf835...

So my problem is that the zip file is not being created and saved, even though the messages that came through with the job say that it was successful.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos