Select to view content in your preferred language

Customizing the Viewers Map location & containers

11-02-2010 10:31 AM
Drew
by
Frequent Contributor
Hello,

I am familiar with the ESRI Flex API, but not the 'Viewer' and am currently tasked with an application that requires the use of the ESRI Viewer.

I am looking for a little info on how I can move the 'map' into a HDividedBox so I can have 2 panels in my application. One panel for large custom components (i.e TOC) and another for the map (similar to the ArcMap layout).

I did see that I can move the map to a specific top & left, but I would preferably like to have it in a HDividedBox.

Does anyone know how to I move the map into a HDividedBox ?

- Using the ESRI 2.1 Viewer Source Code and the 2.1 API

Drew
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrew,

Not really sure why you would want to do this but I'll try to point you in the right area to look at. You are likely to break a lot of stuff trying to do this but I would look at the index.mxml which is the base spark application it has a child element that is the ViewerContainer. The ViewerContainer is just a mx canvas so I would put your hdivided box in the index.mxml and add the ViewerContainer to one of it's panels.
0 Kudos
Drew
by
Frequent Contributor
Andrew,

Not really sure why you would want to do this but I'll try to point you in the right area to look at. You are likely to break a lot of stuff trying to do this but I would look at the index.mxml which is the base spark application it has a child element that is the ViewerContainer. The ViewerContainer is just a mx canvas so I would put your hdivided box in the index.mxml and add the ViewerContainer to one of it's panels.

Thanks Robert,
I was digging around there for a while, but I will take a closer look now.

The reason why I want to do this is because I am trying to get some widgets off the map and move things such as my TOC, Search controls, bookmarks and printing into a stationary part of the application.  its just a way I prefer to lay out my GUI's.

I am pretty sure I have a lot of work on my hands customizing the view completely, but it might pay off in the long run.

Thanks again,

Drew
0 Kudos
ShannakaBeveridge
Emerging Contributor
Did you have any luck with this?
0 Kudos
Drew
by
Frequent Contributor
Did you have any luck with this?

Yes I did.
I went into the file com.esri.viewer.skins.MapManagerSkin.mxml file and adjusted the map component in there.

Drew
0 Kudos
ShannakaBeveridge
Emerging Contributor
Thanks,

Are you able to share the code you used? I've been running in to issues with the map not displaying or only taking up 50% of the screen.

Cheers,

Shannaka
0 Kudos
Drew
by
Frequent Contributor
Shannaka ,
How exactly do you want it to look ?
0 Kudos