Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom widget - geoprocessing service

07-20-2011 11:24 AM
PetraStrbenac
Deactivated User
Hi everyone,
I need to build a custom widget which will execute my geoprocessing service (asynchronous - python script). GP service has to input parameters - a string and a feature set (user has to draw a polygon).
I am new to flex and I really don't know where to start. I thought I could modify Data Extract Widget as it also uses gp service. I don't know if this is a good approach or should I build it from scratch (if so are there some useful tutorials you could recommend)?

Regarding Data Extract Widget - is there a possibility to change labels of a widget - for example to change <desclabel> ("Extract data and download zip file") to say something else? If I am not mistaking this should be done in widget config file but I don't know how.
Thank you in advance!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
I need to build a custom widget which will execute my geoprocessing service (asynchronous - python script).

The easiest way is probably to wait a little, as later this month (July) we plan to release version 2.4 which will come with a generic geoprocessing widget.
0 Kudos
HalilSiddique
Frequent Contributor
The easiest way is probably to wait a little, as later this month (July) we plan to release version 2.4 which will come with a generic geoprocessing widget.

Bjorn, will the presentations about the Application Builder which were shown in the UC be available?
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Halil,
Yes.  All UC tech workshop presentations will be available at http://proceedings.esri.com/library/userconf/proc11/tech-workshops.html - should be in place early next week.

FYI - in general, remember to "Post New Thread" when asking questions that are not related to an existing thread 🙂
0 Kudos
PetraStrbenac
Deactivated User
Thank you for info Bjorn, looking forward to a new version!
0 Kudos