Creating a new Geoprocessing widget

11-04-2010 04:32 AM
PrestigeMakanga
New Contributor
I am running a geoprocessing service and would like to consume the service in the ArcGIS viewer for flex. i understand I have to create a widget for this. Would anyone be able to assist me in this regard. The link to the GP service is http://cuo.geomatics.uct.ac.za/ArcGIS/rest/services/CUO_Tools2/GPServer/Buildable_Accessible_Areas and I have attached a picture of the interface as is appears in a pp based on the ArcGIS server ADF.

Regards
Prestige
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
PrestigeMakanga
New Contributor
Hello Robert,

The swf file is not being generated when I compile the code in the flash builder. I am also getting an error on upon trying to view the design (see image attached). Would you please send me the compiled version.

Regards
Prestige
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Prestige,

So if the swf was not being generated than you probably forgot to add the mxml to your projects modules list... Anyway here is the compiled and uncompiled versions and the flexviewer config file that I used for testing.
0 Kudos
PrestigeMakanga
New Contributor
Thanks a span Robert,

The tool is working fine.

Kind regards
Prestige
0 Kudos
PrestigeMakanga
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

I have since changed to the ESRI Base layers. The model seems to run fine but the results are displayed on the original extent that you set in the configuration. So I thought it must have been a projection problem so I have converted the model result to the WGS 84 (though i thought this should have been done on the fly) to match the esri street map projection. But still the results are not overlaying see http://cuo.geomatics.uct.ac.za/flexviewer/.. However the results are displayed fine in Explorer. 

Did you ever test the widget with the esri base layers? Any idea how i can correct this?

Regards
Prestige
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Prestige,

You need to look at the spatial references that you are using. The esri base maps that you are now using are actually WKID 102100 (WebMercator) and not WGS 1984. And your data is using some unique WKT (Well Known Text) and not a WKID (Well Know Id). The WKT is OK with ArcGIS Server 10 but  because of this I did not specify in the code for the widget the spatial reference that the GP would use

//gp.outSpatialReference = map.spatialReference;
      //gp.processSpatialReference = processSR;

You will need to uncomment these line in the code and I am still not sure this will fix the issue. The way to make your mapservice the fastest is to to have your data match the WKID of the base map data which is WKID 102100
0 Kudos