01-27-2012 08:04 AM
ThomasMcCracken
Deactivated User
Hi everyone,

I get an error window when I open my Flex Viewer application that says:

"Layername layer failed to load: Fault code: Channel.Security.Error
Fault info: Security error accessing url
Fault details:  Destination:  DefaultHTTP

The crossdomain.xml is on the GIS and web server and is correct.  In fact, another
GIS Server with the exact same crossdomain.xml brings in the service in the app just fine.  I tested using both SOAP and REST services and get the same result.  I also get the same error from my local web client on my machine rather than the web server so I'm not sure what's going on.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas McCracken
GIS Analyst
Georgia Power Company
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
35 Replies
ThomasMcCracken
Deactivated User
That's right.  We use the server name and the crossdomain policy has the * wildcard. 

I did not realize that about ArcMap/Catalog.  That's good to know, thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Thomas,

The last thing that I suggest before telling you to call esri tech support is you can try a HTTP traffic utility like fiddler to watch for what URL requests are not returning.

http://fiddler2.com/fiddler2/
0 Kudos
ThomasMcCracken
Deactivated User
Thanks.  It's worth a shot; if I find anything I'll make sure to post it.
0 Kudos
TimTaylor2
New Contributor
Fiddler is indicating issues with the crossdomain file, this error seems to only occur on access from an external domain but affects access to a seemingly random set of services within the map

Replaced the crossdomain file with a new one with security = false and the issue seems to stop for a set amount of time but reoccurs
0 Kudos
ThomasMcCracken
Deactivated User
How are you setting the security equal to false in the crossdomain xml file?  Is it a tag within cross-domain policy?  Does it work for all your web services or just random ones?
0 Kudos
ThomasMcCracken
Deactivated User
After setting Secure='false' for both domain and headers my services are now working in the viewer perfectly.
0 Kudos
Bakht_AliMohammad_Khan
Deactivated User
After setting Secure='false' for both domain and headers my services are now working in the viewer perfectly....

Please mention the path for The crossdomain.xml file. where to past it and also mention it will be on the server machine or on all other hosts machines.

Secondly from where I can get The crossdomain.xml file because it is not available in my flex viewer 2.5.

Thanks...
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Bakht Ali Mohammad Khan,

The crossdomain.xml needs to be one the machine that has ArcGIS Server on it.

Find info concerning crossdomain.xml in the documentation:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/flex/help/017p/017p0000001w000000.htm
0 Kudos
Bakht_AliMohammad_Khan
Deactivated User
rscheitlin Thanks you for response.
Please still some problem to me.
My web files are located in : C:\inetpub\wwwroot
My Machine name is GISSERVER.
I am using .NET.
My ip is 192.165.4.100
   other systems 101, 102, 103.
The cross-domain.xml file is as....

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
    <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>
    <allow-access-from domain="*"/>
</cross-domain-policy>    ( please clearly mark what I write here  allow-access-from domain="*">
</cross-domain-policy>

Thanks..
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Bakht Ali Mohammad Khan,

As the link i my last post has all you need is :

<?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd"> <cross-domain-policy>     <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>     <allow-access-from domain="*"/> </cross-domain-policy>

The above needs to be in a file names crossdomain.xml (not cross-domain.xml) in your C:\inetpub\wwwroot folder. That is it.
0 Kudos