Change CSV list separator in Attribute Widget

Jump to solution
03-14-2013 07:15 AM
JosVroegop
New Contributor II
Hello all,

I can't seem to change the list separator for the csv export in the attribute widget.
It's now "," and i would like to change it to ";" Does anyone know where to look?

I'm working with the 3.1 sourcecode. Thanks in advance.

Jos
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
FYI: In the next release (3.3), we're planning to add a "exportColumnDelimiter" option to both the API and Viewer for exporting with non-comma separators.

Thank you for your feedback.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
LucBourbousson
New Contributor III
Same problem here. We use ";" as standard separation in csv so extracted csv are not displaying in columns.
It would nice to have csv list separator  as a config tag in the widget.
Thx for your help
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Wouldn't that, by definition, make it a SSV?

R_

Sorry, couldn't resist 🙂
0 Kudos
JosVroegop
New Contributor II
The default delimiter can vary by country. For example, in the Netherlands, he standard delimiter is a ";"

Although the name would suggest otherwise, a csv file is then expected to have this default delimiter to display correctly in for instance MS Excel .

Of course this could all be easily changed in your system settings but then all your users would have to do so as well.
0 Kudos
LucBourbousson
New Contributor III
I think it would be much easier and less intrusive to change the separating character at the source: the attribute widget.
Has someone tried?
Thx
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Guys,

You need to call tech support and log this as an enhancement request to the  AttributeTable class in the API. This is not something that you can change in the code anywhere.
0 Kudos
LucBourbousson
New Contributor III
Ok, do you think posting an Arcgis idea would be appropriate for this kind of enhancement ?
Thx
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Luc,

That is also an area where you can do it, but I prefer to use tech support so tht they can decide if it is a bug or an enhancement request.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
olivierthomas
New Contributor
Hi Bjorn,

What is CSVLyr ?
Do you mean we can modify the default delimiter in the Flex Viewer (source code or config.xml)?

I am not sure to understand when you said "This should already be working in both API and Viewer."

Regards,

Olivier.
0 Kudos